Accentuate Writers Forum

comments on my bio

maxowin - 9/1/2014 at 05:44 AM

Hello, All. It's been awhile since I've logged in but I have reached a point with my book that I'm working on a bio. Would love some comments. I had originally intended to write under a pen name (Max) but decided to use my real name (in case any of you wonder about the discrepancy). I cringe at using the word "she" too often but if you're writing in third person, it's hard to avoid. Not sure if I should mention writing credentials. I have co-authored several scientific papers and close to publishing a technical manual. I participate in several writers groups and took a course in Creative Writing. As it stands, the bio is just at 147 words so any additions might be a little much. Thanks. Here's the bio:

Raised in a small town in the hills of western Pennsylvania, Kathy's love of travel and adventure was ignited by summer vacations on Sanibel Island in Florida. After surviving the culture shock of her family's move to southern California in the mid-nineteen sixties, she later took a break from college to attend horse-riding school in England. On her return, she married her college landlord (he claims she just wanted to save on the rent), raised three sons, and embarked on a career as a histotechnologist, working in both clinical and research laboratories. She and her husband Ron currently live in Mexico and can occasionally be found sailing their boat on the Chesapeake Bay.

Kathy would love to hear from you but don't be surprised if it takes her awhile to reply. You never know where in the world she might be or what she may be doing.

Michy - 9/1/2014 at 07:13 AM

There aren't too many 'shes' in it, that part reads great.

Are you going to be self publishing? What is the bio for? Is it for the book?

itzrissa2u - 9/1/2014 at 11:29 AM

I agree with Red! I like it.