Accentuate Writers Forum

Writers Weekly 24-Hour Contest

Mich - 8/16/2008 at 06:21 AM

I might actually be entering this one this time around... just because.

http://www.writersweekly.com/misc/contest.php

24-Hour Short Story Contest! - $5.00

Select this to register for the Fall 2008 24-Hour Short Story Contest. Start time is September 27th , 2008 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) central time. Held quarterly and limited to 500 entrants. Don't miss out on the ultimate source for creative stress...and tons of fun! More than 85 prizes! (When you purchase this, you'll download a PDF file of the guidelines. There is also a link to them in the email receipt.)

[Edited on 8-28-2011 by Michy]

Mich - 8/16/2008 at 06:54 AM

All right... I registered.

anyone else up for it?

Susan S. - 8/16/2008 at 07:14 AM

Call me crazy, but yeah, I registered. I'm printing the rules and guidelines now.

Look at me, playing with the big dogs :freak: hehehe

Mich - 8/16/2008 at 07:19 AM

(wink) Considering it's a 24-hour contest, meaning, you have only 24 hours to write the darned thing, it sorta evens the playing field some... there were over 85 winning positions and it's limited to 500 people entering.

That does help with the odds... we'll see how it goes! Good luck!

Susan S. - 8/16/2008 at 07:33 AM

I'm hoping that will even the field a little, in addition to the fact that the topic and word count won't be announced until the day of the contest.

It sounds like fun, though. I like working under pressure.

I just read the guidelines. Some of the 10 most common mistakes are pretty humorous.

moonshadow68 - 8/17/2008 at 10:49 AM

Is there a way somewhere to pay via paypal...I didn't like that the registration form required my credit card number...I really like paypal :)

Mich - 8/17/2008 at 10:53 AM

Unfortunately, no. I almost didn't register for that very reason - but they are using a prominent merchant processor, and it's through Book Locker, so I can vouch for their legitimacy on that issue. I used my PayPal debit card, instead of a credit card.

Melanie - 8/17/2008 at 10:56 AM

Tempting... tempting...

I'll have to give this some thought.

moonshadow68 - 8/17/2008 at 11:03 AM

I'm just whiney. I use the debit card online regularly without a problem, but when it comes from my bank account and not paypal, it feels more like real money--even if it's just $5.

Still, I think I'll sign up....I think...unless I chicken out....

itzrissa2u - 9/8/2008 at 01:31 PM

24 hours? humph, I am lucky if I get 6 hours alone. Sounds like fun but I will have to pass this one up.

It is much safer to use a credit card online rather than a debit card. If someone uses your debit card they can clear out your checking account causing you to bounce checks etc. Plus depending on your bank it may take a little longer to dispute than a credit card.

LaurieM - 9/8/2008 at 02:11 PM

Well I'm screwed on this one. I have no credit or debit card anymore, only Paypal. This sounds like a good one too.

moonshadow68 - 9/8/2008 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by itzrissa2u
It is much safer to use a credit card online rather than a debit card. If someone uses your debit card they can clear out your checking account causing you to bounce checks etc. Plus depending on your bank it may take a little longer to dispute than a credit card.

Very good advice. Thankfully my bank is really good about noticing odd charges and putting a hold on them. You should have seen the crap we went through to make sure Thor could use the debit card in Australia :)

Morecoffee - 9/8/2008 at 02:40 PM

This sounds like a fun challenge. Unfortunately, I'm out of this one. My little girl is turning 3 on that day and she's definitely my priority! Plus, I'm going to have a house full of people here to celebrate so probably the only time I'll have to myself will be when I'm hiding in the bathroom (and any of you with children know there's not even any guarantee that bathroom time will be alone. :winktongue: )

LaurieM - 9/8/2008 at 02:46 PM

LOL what your daughter follows you into the bathroom? Luckily mine outgrew that but the dog still thinks she should be there too. It is sort of like being on the phone when the kids are around. All of a sudden they HAVE to have your undivided attention when they have been ignoring you for hours.

Morecoffee - 9/8/2008 at 02:52 PM

Yep! My favorite scenario is when you're in the bathroom with the door closed and there's a little knock on the door.

"Yes."
"Mommy, what are you doing in there?"
"Uh. Honey, what do YOU do when you're in the bathroom?" :whistle:
"Oh. Can I come in?"
"What? Why would you want to?"

I'm sure they'll eventually grow out of it. My older daughter's finally getting the whole "privacy" thing. The 3-year old hasn't quite got that one yet!

Mich - 9/8/2008 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Morecoffee
Yep! My favorite scenario is when you're in the bathroom with the door closed and there's a little knock on the door.

"Yes."
"Mommy, what are you doing in there?"
"Uh. Honey, what do YOU do when you're in the bathroom?" :whistle:
"Oh. Can I come in?"
"What? Why would you want to?"

I'm sure they'll eventually grow out of it. My older daughter's finally getting the whole "privacy" thing. The 3-year old hasn't quite got that one yet!

Uh, my daughter is almost 21 and my son is 14.

They haven't grown out of it.

Morecoffee - 9/8/2008 at 03:03 PM

Great! Thanks a lot, Michy. That's NOT what I wanted to hear. :bigsmile:

I guess I'll have to start locking the door and cranking up the tunes on my Ipod. Only problem is they'll probably start to think mommy has some major stomach problems because I'll be in there hiding out so much!

itzrissa2u - 9/8/2008 at 03:03 PM

I remember working with a lady with 4 kids. She would be so delighted to be able to go to the bathroom at work because she could go in peace.

Can't wait for that day!

LaurieM - 9/8/2008 at 03:07 PM

My sister-in-law used to hide in her closet with a flashlight to read a book in peace. This kids would be running around yelling, "MOMMMM, MOMMM", and never had a clue where she was.

LaurieM - 9/8/2008 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by moonshadow68
Quote:

Very good advice. Thankfully my bank is really good about noticing odd charges and putting a hold on them. You should have seen the crap we went through to make sure Thor could use the debit card in Australia :)

When I did have a credit card and I mostly used it in Winnipeg, periodically they would refuse a charge usually at some really embarrassing moment. Then I would call them and ask them to explain why. It was always something like,"well there were unusual charges from (and then mispronounced Winnipeg, where is that?) and went on to ask was this my charge etc. Now bear in mind this always happened after I had been there for months and had a lot of charges that they never questioned. I said that I had been charging there for years, so how is that unsual and why hadn't they questioned the charges all the months i have been here if that is a concern?, Then I would get something like, "well it is in a foreign country and you didn't report to us ahead of time that you would be using it there." I then said. Did you notice all the gas charges on the way here MONTHS ago or all the charges since then here?""Well yes we did but we though something might have changed now so we refused the charge." I said did you also notice almost all my charges are HEREand that you have been receiving payments all along ?" "Oh yeah I see that now.Let me just remove the block now so you can go ahead with your purchase.Is there anything else we can do for you?"

This is the shortened version. That time was in line at the movies in Winnipeg, standing arguing with them in a lobby full of people. A couple days later they did it again.

Mich - 9/23/2008 at 03:44 PM

The deadline to get registered for this is coming up and it is limited to the number of entries.... if you're going to enter, get entered now!

Good luck to those who already have entered!

Susan S. - 9/23/2008 at 04:36 PM

Sheesh...I was hoping you forgot about this...cut back on the competition ;)

Mich - 9/23/2008 at 04:38 PM

LMAO..... I've already paid and am just waiting for them to send the theme!

Susan S. - 9/26/2008 at 07:46 AM

Woohoo...it's almost here. I'm excited. I already warned my son I have dibs on the computer for the majority of the 24 hours.

Who else signed up for it?

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller?

Mich - 9/26/2008 at 07:50 AM

You KNOW I have! I'm looking forward to it and can't wait to see what the 'subject' is going to be!

moonshadow68 - 9/26/2008 at 08:03 AM

I've been debating it and didn't want to commit (after all who knows what your schedule will look like?) But I'm jumping in the pool too...

Should be fun!

Susan S. - 9/26/2008 at 08:11 AM

Me too. I read through the website again last night. I'm glad I've had theme-writing practice from our short story contests here. And practice following guidelines. And, and, and...

Thanks, Michy :)

We're gonna kick ass...well, I'm going to try at least.

Mich - 9/26/2008 at 08:41 AM

Quote:
I've been debating it and didn't want to commit (after all who knows what your schedule will look like?) But I'm jumping in the pool too...

Should be fun!

Yeah!

We can all come back to this thread that day and scream together!

Susan S. - 9/26/2008 at 08:51 AM

Quote:

Should be fun!

Woohoo! I'm so happy you're joining us.

(I missed this post at first. That's what happens when it takes 15 minutes to write a post because your boss keeps walking into your office) :whistle:

moonshadow68 - 9/26/2008 at 03:36 PM

Are you nervous yet? I've never tried to write a story start to finish in 24 hours....I'm getting kinda jumpy...

What if the theme sucks? Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:2083x:

Susan S. - 9/26/2008 at 04:01 PM

I'm excited about it. I like working under pressure with unknown elements.

Worst case scenario...I draw a complete blank on what to write about and I'm out $5.

But that's not going to happen, because we're writers.

We're smart, we're funny, and gosh darnit...people like us.

moonshadow68 - 9/26/2008 at 04:07 PM

Thanks for that very old SNL reference...

Did we say it in front the mirror?:party:

If I draw a complete blank, I'll write gibberish and send it in anyway. Even without a good idea, I can BS almost anything :)

Susan S. - 9/26/2008 at 04:33 PM

Hey...who you callin' "very old"?

I can BS too...it's a fine art...one I picked up from my ex-husband.

"I wasn't lying, honey. I was just bullshi**ing"

itzrissa2u - 9/26/2008 at 05:39 PM

Ok I will do my part since I am not entering.

I shall bring virtual coffee to the writers. :Waiter0298x:

And I shall resign myself to not getting emails from Susan for one whole day. darn it.

LaurieM - 9/26/2008 at 05:59 PM

Ok I found a way to get the fee payed, so I am in. I hope it is a theme that I can do something with. Another step out of my comfort zone. whewwww

Susan S. - 9/26/2008 at 07:08 PM

Awesome, Laurie...it'll be fun. I say we come back here at noon central on Sunday and post how we did, or how we think we did.

Rissa, bite your tongue...you know I can't go that long. I start going through withdrawal.

Mich - 9/26/2008 at 07:12 PM

That's my biggest concern.

I've written shorts very fast, yes, sometimes in less than 24 hours, but I got to pick the 'theme' when doing so.

The biggest concern is that I won't 'click' on the theme and 'feel' it....

But that's part of what makes it such a challenge for me too!

Mich - 9/26/2008 at 07:16 PM

Quote:

And I shall resign myself to not getting emails from Susan for one whole day. darn it.

You'll get emails.

They'll be along the lines of:

ARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mich - 9/26/2008 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LaurieM
Ok I found a way to get the fee payed, so I am in. I hope it is a theme that I can do something with. Another step out of my comfort zone. whewwww

Whhhoooohoooo!

It'll be so much fun! Glad you're in it!

itzrissa2u - 9/26/2008 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michelle L Devon (Michy)
Quote:

You'll get emails.

well, those will be a change from the dirty stuff she normally sends me.

:whip:

LaurieM - 9/26/2008 at 08:29 PM

ohhh so it was her idea to try and bribe the judges contest before last. power of suggestion...

AudreyStarJ - 9/27/2008 at 04:48 AM

:2010x::Champagne2x: I'm so glad that you finally picked up on this!! This was the contest I entered my terrible short story in, for the Summer version. It was crazy, and short stories are way out of my comfort zone! But I like that every contest the topic changes, and the word count. I had a rough month, so I didn't enter this time >:( But you who did have to let me know how the topic/word count went and how you liked it!
The last one was on a Saturday, I believe, and I had a bunch of stuff I was doing, so didn't get my story even in till early morning! It was crazy..It got an honorable mention though, and I got a couple of helpful e-book type things, so that was good.
Angela Hoy, who runs the WritersWeekly site, is really helpful, and crazy (like Michy!). She will get back to anyone who needs help, and such.
Ok..that's my soap box, heh (I've been getting the WW emails and such for a while, so enjoy their site a lot)...:903a::biggrin:

Susan S. - 9/27/2008 at 06:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Michelle L Devon (Michy)
Quote:

You'll get emails.

well, those will be a change from the dirty stuff she normally sends me.

:whip:

Oh, sure...make me out to be some kind of pervert.

Oh, wait.... :whistle:

Mich - 9/27/2008 at 07:25 AM

Well, considering I didn't fall asleep until about 3am, then woke at 4:30, 6, 7 and now 8:25.... I finally gave up and decided to stay awake.

Noon is too far away!

Susan S. - 9/27/2008 at 07:33 AM

If it makes you feel any better, my dog woke me up way before I was ready this morning. Thank the gods for coffee...the elixir of life.

No, it's not as bad as the lack of sleep you've been dealing with, but I do have plans for a nap today.

Maybe inspiration will strike in my dreams.

Mich - 9/27/2008 at 07:37 AM

I figured I'd nap at some point, probably immediately after getting the topic and length, you know, sleep on it?

Right now, I'm reading the PDF again, start to finish, to make sure I have the guidelines down perfectly.

I hate having to do it in an email body. Formatting is difficult in a plain text email....

I am looking forward to this though.

Susan S. - 9/27/2008 at 07:46 AM

I feel the same way about the email part of it. I'm nervous about using Yahell, but that's what I signed up with. (sigh) Oh well.

moonshadow68 - 9/27/2008 at 11:00 AM

I think I'll still type it up in Word and then cut and paste to hotmail. Aint no way I am going to trust that system to keep my story in....it may require extra formatting time when I'm done, but it's better than losing it half way through...

I stayed up until 3 and then crashed hard (I had been up for 20 hours) so I am just now waking up, except for a brief moment to feed Rain earlier. Now, as soon as we get the topic, I want a shower...

LaurieM - 9/27/2008 at 11:01 AM

O.K. Are we ready? 4 minutes until launch.

itzrissa2u - 9/27/2008 at 11:01 AM

Sooo, what is the theme and word count?

I am virtually cheering you guys on! And since this is virtual I am in a short little cheerleader outfit and have the body of a play boy centerfold.

How 'bout them pom poms!:coolgleamA:

moonshadow68 - 9/27/2008 at 11:05 AM

850 words or less...

The cast iron pot was blackened and warped, but had provided years of delicious concoctions. Movement caught her eyethrough the cracked window. She turned her head, but sawonly red, orange, yellow and brown leaves racing by in thefierce wind. She shivered as cold air leaked through thewindow's cracks, and leaned down to stoke the fire. Squinting at her recipe book, she scratched the mole on hernose. The fourth ingredient was always the hardest to find...

LaurieM - 9/27/2008 at 11:07 AM

ok I am not sure what we are supposed to do. It isn't a topic. it is the beginning of a story... Do they want us to create the fourth ingredient or make a whole new story???

grrrrrrr

Mich - 9/27/2008 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
I think I'll still type it up in Word and then cut and paste to hotmail. Aint no way I am going to trust that system to keep my story in....it may require extra formatting time when I'm done, but it's better than losing it half way through...

I stayed up until 3 and then crashed hard (I had been up for 20 hours) so I am just now waking up, except for a brief moment to feed Rain earlier. Now, as soon as we get the topic, I want a shower...

Type it in Word, then choose Save As, and select Plain Text, save it to notepad, and then you can copy and paste from notepad with no problems.

Mich - 9/27/2008 at 11:11 AM

Laurie:

"Your story must touch on this topic in some way to qualify. During each contest, several writers ask if they must quote from the topic directly. No, you don't. You are even permitted to change the gender and age of the character(s). But, it must be obvious to us that the story was written specifically for this assigned topic."

Mich - 9/27/2008 at 11:25 AM

I still haven't received the email.... anyone else get the actual email?

Anyway, I already have an idea. Now, I just have to write it.

LaurieM - 9/27/2008 at 11:30 AM

I just got the email. So what is the topic? the 4th ingredient, the cooking scene, and i am getting nothing. This is a scenario not a topic.

moonshadow68 - 9/27/2008 at 11:32 AM

oooh,ooh, I have an idea and an end...not I just need the beginning and the middle....

Off to shower :)

itzrissa2u - 9/27/2008 at 11:32 AM

Ohh I wish I would have done this- I have an idea too!

moonshadow68 - 9/27/2008 at 11:33 AM

Write it anyway...850 words...and I'll meet you in the feedback forum!

Nice outift by the way, except I always hated cheerleaders. Far too perky!:2611a:

Mich - 9/27/2008 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LaurieM
I just got the email. So what is the topic? the 4th ingredient, the cooking scene, and i am getting nothing. This is a scenario not a topic.

Agreed... but if you'll read last year's winners and see last year's 'topic' you'll see that it doesn't have to be exact, but just 'touch on it'. They seem pretty lenient on it, but want to make sure you wrote a story specifically for this contest and didn't 'cheat' and write ahead of time, so they make you touch on the topic.

It'll be whatever you want it to be....

itzrissa2u - 9/27/2008 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Write it anyway...850 words...and I'll meet you in the feedback forum!

Nice outift by the way, except I always hated cheerleaders. Far too perky!:2611a:

SNORT! Yea me and perky don't exactly mesh. I was the one always sneaking off to ditch class and go get breakfast. hehe

Gotta go take the little guy fishing, but I will be back to check on you all and offer help- if that is allowed and desired.

Mich - 9/27/2008 at 12:15 PM

I'm done!

itzrissa2u - 9/27/2008 at 12:17 PM

Dang Michy! You go girl!

moonshadow68 - 9/27/2008 at 12:20 PM

I should be done within the hour...then I'll post it to the critique board and let it simmer while I eat breakfast.

Michy,
This immediately reminded me of your crazy cat lady story. You might even say thaat inspired the end :)

Mich - 9/27/2008 at 12:21 PM

Cindy, it's funny, but that's the very first thing I thought of too when I read it. Since it's my story though and they don't allow reprints, I went a different direction.

I'm about to lay down and take a short nap and then I'll re-read and edit mine then.

I think I did a cute story, but who knows... I might end up with a whole new story in my head when I wake up too!

LaurieM - 9/27/2008 at 12:24 PM

I'm blank

LaurieM - 9/27/2008 at 12:43 PM

Talked to Dee. I have an idea now.When I said leaves and the cracked window he threw a setting and another character at me and ZING. oooohh I like when we inspire each other. Man I want to go home.

Then I got a second idea. Now can I do something with them and I need a punch at the end of both of them. Then pick which one to use. focus focus focus

moonshadow68 - 9/27/2008 at 02:36 PM

Done and submitted. No more to think about.

So when do we get results?

AudreyStarJ - 9/27/2008 at 04:57 PM

:willy nilly: next month or so, right? Angela has to print up and read all the entries. Man, I wish I'd entered! I really like the concept of just throwing an idea out, and having to write off it under deadline..which is odd, cause I hate short stories. I would've had a tough time..this one is even shorter than the Summer one, which had to be 900 words or less. Mine was about 1,300 when I finished, lol:willy nilly:

LaurieM - 9/27/2008 at 09:24 PM

O.K. I sent mine in. Whew whew. How long did it take to get your confirmation, or have you yet?

Mich - 9/28/2008 at 07:44 AM

Got my confirmation this morning:

Please allow approximately one month for the judging process.

ARGH!

Susan S. - 9/28/2008 at 08:04 AM

I had a tougher time than I thought coming up with a story line. Well, I had an instant idea, but I knew it wouldn't be unique, and then I had a hard time getting away from it. That part was frustrating.

I eventually got it written, and submitted. It felt like I fought it the whole time though. I hate that.

Then I went to bed, and had a dream that my email bounced back...with a note included that my ending fell flat.

Sure enough, after re-reading it this morning, I think my dream was right. But I did have my confirmation email...no bounce back.

Ugh! Oh well, maybe I'll get a door prize, eh?

Mich - 9/28/2008 at 08:06 AM

You going to share yours, Susan? Cindy and I have in the crits password protected area.. I've love to read yours!

A month is a long time to wait!

And you guys get all impatient over a week or two on our contest...LOL

Susan S. - 9/28/2008 at 08:10 AM

Yeah, I'll post it. I'm chalking this one up to a warm up trial test, hehehe. I'll do better next time.

(Yup, I'll be entering again)

Mich - 9/28/2008 at 08:16 AM

I might enter again myself...... I enjoyed it!

850 is really more flash than a short story, and that's a BIG stretch for me.. it's not my typical writing style nor my genre either, so not winning won't bother me too much, but if I happen to win or place, that would tickle me even more since it's NOT my usual style.

I figure it's good brain exercise, if nothing else, right?

Susan S. - 9/28/2008 at 08:21 AM

That's what I thought. And I learned something about me...

Even though I have a good sense of humor, and I enjoy making people laugh, my writing always leans towards the serious side. I would like to try to get away from that a bit and write more lighthearted stuff.

I also learned I need to give my endings more oomph.

moonshadow68 - 9/28/2008 at 09:21 AM

I learned that even when I think I don't have any idea t all, if I mull it over and concentrate I can write about a given topic.

I'm happy with the story so I'm less concerned about the judging process, but dang, a month? That's like forever.

Off to read Michy's now...

LaurieM - 9/28/2008 at 09:43 AM

On Halloween we will be waiting for results from two contests. Rissa would have a nervous breakdown if she had done this and was waiting for forum contest too at the same time. :BlurryDrunkx: LOL

I can't believe I really did this. Yay me and YAY US! GO team GO! Good luck my friends!

moonshadow68 - 9/28/2008 at 09:47 AM

Oh man, I can't wait for two sets of results at the same time. There aren't enough pecan sandies in the world!

Given our topic, isn't this smiley perfect::Chef212x:

WritersWeekly.com's 24-Hour Short Story Contest! (1/23)

Mich - 9/28/2008 at 11:54 AM

You can enter the Winter 2009 contest below.

Please note: You must be entered in the contest before the topic is posted in order to submit your story. You cannot write your story first, then enter the contest.

24-Hour Short Story Contest! - $5.00

Select this to register for the Winter 2009 24-Hour Short Story Contest. Start time is January 23rd , 2009 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) central time. Held quarterly and limited to 500 entrants. Don't miss out on the ultimate source for creative stress...and tons of fun! More than 85 prizes!

LaurieM - 9/28/2008 at 01:49 PM

LOL, yes.

Pecan sandies, Wow I can't remember the last time I had one of those.

Mich - 10/1/2008 at 03:06 PM

The new contest is:

Winter 2009 24-Hour Short Story Contest. Start time is January 23rd , 2009 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) central time.

You can sign up for it here:

moonshadow68 - 10/1/2008 at 03:07 PM

No, no, can't commit until the day before....or at least the week before. Commit too early and you forget...

Mich - 10/10/2008 at 12:17 PM

They said we should know by the end of this month. I figure in about a week or so. I'm excited and hopeful!

AudreyStarJ - 10/11/2008 at 02:24 PM

:go::winktongue:no news yet?
Thanx for letting us know about the new one. I am so entering (I've been busy so haven't gotten caught up with my W.W. newsletters yet)!

Mich - 10/11/2008 at 02:37 PM

Nothing yet - the old winners are still up.

AudreyStarJ - 10/11/2008 at 03:23 PM

:seahorsea: Can't wait to see...:-)

Mich - 10/18/2008 at 05:54 PM

Okay, I'm tired of waiting. I wanna know who won, now!

AudreyStarJ - 10/18/2008 at 06:05 PM

:singing:lol patience is a virtue, or something...:tumble:

LaurieM - 10/18/2008 at 06:45 PM

Well they did say it would be the end of the month didn't they? I actually got so busy I forgot about it and that's fine with me until it gets closer.

Mich - 10/18/2008 at 08:07 PM

pffffffffffffttttt, I don't CARE what they SAID, I want to know, NOW!

Sheesh, I'm glad I can't enter my own contests here on the board.... I'd go insane!

How do you guys do it? LOL

LaurieM - 10/18/2008 at 09:43 PM

ROFL we pace and refresh about a quadrillion times, look at the clock, the calendar, send each other emails,screech silently if someone else wants the phone line to get online,tease each other in forum, say a couple prayers every 5 minutes or so. Ya know, the normal stuff.

AudreyStarJ - 10/22/2008 at 10:09 PM

:2140x: lol

Susan S. - 10/27/2008 at 12:12 PM

Tick tock, tick tock...sheesh.

I want to read what the winners came up with.

moonshadow68 - 10/27/2008 at 12:30 PM

No kidding! I think we have to wait until Wednesday, dang it!

Susan S. - 10/27/2008 at 12:37 PM

Wednesday? If only I were a patient soul...

moonshadow68 - 10/27/2008 at 12:47 PM

that's my theory, at least. She published the weekly newsletter on Wednesday...

Susan S. - 10/29/2008 at 11:46 AM

We have a 3rd place winner from Accentuate!!!!!! Wooohoooo!

http://www.writersweekly.com/contest/fall08winners.html

tanyakaterina - 10/29/2008 at 11:50 AM

WooOoOOooot!

:champagne10x:

Mich - 10/29/2008 at 11:54 AM

Congratulations, Cindy!

I got a weird email from them... there IS a downside to using a pen name when your credit cards have your real name. I won't be entering this contest again (pout). That's too bad because I was actually hoping to enter it again this time.

Ah, well!

It's awesome Cindy won! Whooohooo!

Way to go, girl!