Accentuate Writers Forum

About Linton Robinson and Libel

Michy - 3/29/2009 at 08:57 PM

If anyone is curious what exactly is entailed in libel, I would like to share you with you what exactly libel is. This is a direct quote from Linton Robinson, which can be found on another writer's forum:

----------------
Quote:
http://www.writingforums.com/lounge/106739-another-email-spamming-w...

Accentuateservices.com, a newbie forum full of people who convince themselves they're writers because they do internet content for $5 a post. It's run by the INCREDIBLY argumentative and bitchy (yes, way more bitchy and argumentative than myself...scary, huh?) Michelle Devon (aka "Michy", your typical fat menopausal, self-impressed writer forum cow) who runs the writer's site as a hooker for her business charging for editorial stuff.
She just won't stop.
She says, "The law says I can respond to any mail you send me". Have no idea what "law" there is, but notice her claim that somebody asking not to get unwanted mail is an excuse to send them more mail.

Again, be really careful with these sites, one wrong move and you've just signed up for a mail bashing party.

-------------------

First, I must let all of you, everyone, know that I do not sell, trade or use your email for ANYTHING except for the monthly newsletter from Accentuate, and you only get that if you sign up and check the NEWSLETTER button right here on the forum. Why did Linton get the newsletter mailed to him twice? Because he signed up to this board, TWICE, under two different names, and spammed the board. He was BANNED twice, and then was put on an IP ban.

Why? For general bad behavior, spamming the board with links to his books and his video trailers without providing quality interaction on the site or even introducing himself, and for being argumentative and degrading to others, including saying that people who wrote romance were, "shitty writers".

After he was banned, he received one email from this board, to which he responded very rudely and using bad language.

I responded to his email stating why he had received the email, telling him the email had been removed from the list, and he would not receive another email from us again.

A little while later, he received the same email again he had complained about before. He emailed me and very rudely, using vulgar language, told me that he had requested me not to spam him.

I knew I had not sent him any mail, went to see why, searched the board for his email, and that's when I discovered he had a second account on this board with the same email. I banned that second account and removed the email from the board. I sent him an email telling him the reason he had received it again was HIS FAULT, because of HIS ACTIONS, signing up for a second account and clicking the newsletter button on it too. I informed him that he had been removed from the second account.

In response to that, he sent me the following email, quoted:

------------

Quote:

STOP FUCKING SENDING ME EMAIL.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY MORE FUCKING EMAIL FROM YOUR SKANKY ASS.

Now if you don't understand that, and keep mailing me over my objections, I'll take the next step.

Why don't you learn a new skill. Put a sock in it.

Stop sending me your fucking email

------------

I had, at this point, sent him a total of four emails - the two he received from the board stating we were moving to a new domain, both of which because he signed up for two accounts on the board and checked the email box - and the two emails telling him I had removed him from the list.

That's it.

Yes, I responded to the email above with the language, and here's how that went down:

-------------------

Quote:

Well then you must be even stupider than I thought because all you have to is read back through the thead to find your UNSOLICITED mail to me, followed by my request that you not send me mail, followed by your barking and leg-humping.

You're going to find out about all that, though.

If I were you I'd quite mailing me.
But you've already screwed up.

Enjoy
Lin

--- On Sat, 3/28/09, Michelle L Devon (Michy) wrote:

Subject: RE: [Accentuate Writers Forum ] Board Will Be Going Down Sometime Today!
To: "'Lin Robinson'"
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 7:55 PM

Seems to me it is YOU who keeps emailing me. All I'm doing is responding to you.

Michelle L Devon (Michy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:52 PM
To: Michelle L Devon (Michy)
Subject: RE: [Accentuate Writers Forum ] Board Will Be Going Down Sometime Today!

I told you three times to stop mailing me.
You refused.

So it's on your head, sugarbuns.

And all you had to do was shut up.

--- On Sat, 3/28/09, Michelle L Devon (Michy) wrote:

To: "'Lin Robinson'"
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 7:43 PM

That was all I needed. Thank you for responded as expected.

Michelle L Devon (Michy)

------------------------------
[\quote]

I'm sure there are other places Linton Robinson has done this and if you follow the link above to the other writers forum, you will see he's done it to other people too.

I'm reminded of the old saying, "The only common link in all your dysfunctional relationships is YOU."

It's funny that Mr. Linton Robinson says I'm argumentative. It's also funny he calls this a newbie board. Anyone who knows me knows both those things aren't true.

My business has been around for over 14 years now, registered with the IRS and with an EIN. The board's been around in some form for nearly four years now. The new format is now over a year old.

I will not remove this post. I would like if the other writers forum will remove the libelous comment Linton Robinson made, but have no way of contacting them besides registering for their forum, and I have no desire to do that. Linton Robinson lives in Mexico, so he thinks he's untouchable.

He's not.

If he continues down this path, he's bound to lose the royalties he brags about to someone suing him for libel.

What he is doing is actually illegal.

Now, it's all out in the open.

Untitled.png - 45kB Untitled2.png - 261kB

Lindsay M - 3/29/2009 at 09:08 PM

That makes my G*Damn blood boil, Michy. There are no words to describe the ugliness of that man.

Renamed - 3/29/2009 at 09:09 PM

That's really sad. It would be one thing if he even knew what he was talking about, but he's so far off base it's pitiful! Sorry he's bashing you, Michy.

RobertArend - 3/29/2009 at 09:13 PM

Awww, Michy, the creep is just a creep. Sic The Mister on him. The Mister sure scares the hell out of me!

Jenn.W - 3/29/2009 at 09:21 PM

Geeze Michy, I cant believe that you have to deal with something like that on top of everything else you do. Im sorry that guy is such a jerk. It makes me so angry to see his quotes and what he said about you. GGRRRR!!!!

Nancy G. - 3/29/2009 at 09:24 PM

It is so obvious the man has mental problems, no kidding. You, nor anyone else, can reason with someone like that. Just forget him. He delights in stirring up problems. It is the only way he can feel important.

TheBarefoot - 3/29/2009 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RobertArend  
Awww, Michy, the creep is just a creep. Sic The Mister on him. The Mister sure scares the hell out of me!

Which Mister? The real life one or the internet one?

windowshopping04 - 3/29/2009 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TheBarefoot  
Quote: Originally posted by RobertArend  

Which Mister? The real life one or the internet one?

Yes.

Michy - 3/29/2009 at 10:01 PM

I requested the other forum to remove the libelous comments made by Linton Robinson.

I will update as soon as I hear back from them.

I was contacted by someone on another site who said Linton Robinson had done the same thing on their forum. I don't know what happened there, so I can't speak for that, but what I'm guessing I see here is a pattern of bad behavior on Linton Robinson's part.

There is no reason for him to say those things about me in public. He posted to another site too, and that post was removed and a moderator chastised him for it, but it did get Indexed in Google five hours ago. I saw the cache. Hopefully that will be gone eventually too.

(sigh) I'm too tired to mess with it anymore tonight.

MOLeary - 3/29/2009 at 10:07 PM

Michy - I'm so sorry this boob has done this to you. You are the most UNdeserving person of this crap. I hope you do seek legal action - then this idiot will learn not to screw with people. Especially when he doesn't know WHO he is jacking around with. Please don't let him get you down. People like that have such sad little lives, they have to try to tear others down to make them feel better about themselves.

Edit: I did a quick Google search. This dude likes to ask for critiques, and when folks oblige, he gets irate and calls them M.F.s and the n----- word. I say, Michy, if this guy acts like this, we don't want him here anyway.

Thomas Forthe (Tom) - 3/29/2009 at 10:29 PM

I am sorry you have to deal with small minded people like this. No doubt he moved to Mexico to avoid other problems he caused....

LaurieM - 3/29/2009 at 11:06 PM

Gees, it seems some people aren't happy unlesss they are trying to make someone else's life miserable. We know he is wrong. He is making himself look more ididotic with each new step. I am sorry it is happening to you though. I really am.

Witchmojo - 3/30/2009 at 04:38 AM

Good grief, what a sad individual. It seems his idea of writing is being able to slander people whilst using the greatest amount of bad language possible. Poor deluded soul is clearly seeking attention when he should perhaps be seeking medical attention (and will be if he doesn't leave our Michy alone!).

Michy don't let him get you down. We know how wonderful you are and how above board you are in all your dealings with us. (Even I have already seen this in the relatively short time I have been here) We love and support you and this person (although I am loathe to use that term) is undeserving of your precious time and attention. Karma finds a way and it will find him ;)

Morecoffee - 3/30/2009 at 06:37 AM

The guy strikes me as the type who feels the need to belittle and insult others to try to make himself appear better. His time would be better spent actually trying to work out his obvious personal issues!

Michy, no one here believes any of the B.S. he's spreading. We KNOW you and what you do. That's why we're all here and lovin' it. We don't need trash like that polluting our happy forum family. I hope you're able to get this nonsense with him straightened out quickly.

moonshadow68 - 3/30/2009 at 06:50 AM

Ummm, guys, it's well and good to jump to Michy's defense as well we should, but if you take a look at his posting on the other site, he has libelled each and every one of you, though not as heinously as he did Michy.

Quote:
http://www.writingforums.com/lounge/106739-another-email-spamming-w...

Accentuateservices.com, a newbie forum full of people who convince themselves they're writers because they do internet content for $5 a post. It's run by the INCREDIBLY argumentative and bitchy (yes, way more bitchy and argumentative than myself...scary, huh?) Michelle Devon (aka "Michy", your typical fat menopausal, self-impressed writer forum cow) who runs the writer's site as a hooker for her business charging for editorial stuff.
She just won't stop.
She says, "The law says I can respond to any mail you send me". Have no idea what "law" there is, but notice her claim that somebody asking not to get unwanted mail is an excuse to send them more mail.

Again, be really careful with these sites, one wrong move and you've just signed up for a mail bashing party.

The addendum to Michy's lesson on libel is that one of the required elements of libel is identification. By identifying members of this forum in a negative manner, he libelled each of you individually as well.

Think it doesn't matter compared to what he said about Michy? Well, yes and no. Obviously, Michy has a much stronger case as he attacked the anme under which she does business and directly imperiled (in theory) her livelihood. However, each and every one of us here relies on our professionalism to get additional work. Some of us are about to be very visibly associated with this forum in our book (*happy dance**). His accusation that we only consider ourselves writers because we sell $5 online content 1) devalues what we do and b) implies a lack of professional which impacts our bottom line.

I guess I'm posting this because too many people view internet postings as something they can do and then forget and too many good people like us turn the other cheek or shake our heads, but do nothing.

Suiong someone for libel is a difficult and expensive process, but I guess what I'm saying here is that if Michy decides to sue, we need to stand with her as literally and figuatively as any of us can afford. People who post things like this MUST be stopped.

opher - 3/30/2009 at 06:56 AM

Michy,

Small-minded people feel the need to belittle others to pump up their own sense of self-importance. If there are legal remedies you can seek, and if you conclude it's worth your time and aggravation to pursue them, more power to you. If not, just take a deep breath, recall that these issues are not preventing your business and this board from growing, and don't be concerned about every mutt who decides to bark.

twnkltoz - 3/30/2009 at 10:05 AM

He sucks. He is a very sad person who needs to run other people down to make himself feel like a big boy. I'm behind you all the way, Mich, as always!

Oh, and I'm a writer because I make a living at it. So, F you, Lin.

opher - 3/30/2009 at 10:20 AM

Hmmm. I was under the impression that "writer" is defined as "someone who writes." Now, I'd say that you, Jenn, as well as Michy and others here, would qualify as "professional writer," which adds the qualification you put in of someone who is paid to write, and has made that their livelihood.

Not that I care too much, but can Mr. Robinson lay claim to being a professional writer? Can he lay claim to being a professional editor, able to evaluate the quality of writing of people on this board (or anywhere else, for that matter)? From what I've seen quoted above from him, it appears he'd have a hard time making the case of being professional at all, at least in his communications.

caribbeanmuse - 3/30/2009 at 10:26 AM

this is just too much! how dare this a..hole insult us like this. What exactly does he do that makes him so freakin' qualified to call himself a writer? I for one, have a very high paying full time writing job and I know there are many many writers who are much better here. I could get all "Julia Sugarbaker" about this but frankly, this low life doesn't deserve my energy. We stand behind you Michy, we are here because we care about each other and only want to support each other and you can email me any damn time you want!

itzrissa2u - 3/30/2009 at 11:41 AM

We knew what he was about the first time he came around.

This doesn't surprise me.

I think anyone who reads his post will know how untrue it is- it reflects more on him than on us or our beloved Michy.

talk about sour grapes- he was kicked out twice and he lashes out about how much we suck- if we suck so much why did he join, twice?

I hate his comments, but refuse to give him an more energy. For his nasty comments though I would love to kick him where the sun don't shine- but then his head is already so far up there it wouldn't matter.

andisaid - 3/30/2009 at 11:43 AM

I'm kinda glad this happened. If he said this stuff about me, I prob would have run away and hid. But with Michy as our leader, I'm also learning how to deal with butt heads like this one!!

Michy - 3/30/2009 at 12:28 PM

I would like to thank the following two sites:

http://www.writingforums.com/

AND

http://www.writersbeat.com/

For their professionalism in handling this libelous situation. Writer's Beat removed the post Mr. Robinson made about me there before I even saw it, telling him they did not appreciate posts such as that on their board.

WritingForums.com removed the post after I requested they do so.

If you're looking for another forum, an additional forum, or just for more information, either of these sites might work for you.

Thank you to both sites, again, for their professionalism. It is much appreciated.

MOLeary - 3/30/2009 at 03:36 PM

I am employed by the US Military as a writer, and I am self-employed as a writer. I don't have to spam message boards with profanity to make myself feel like a writer. It must be a sad little life that Mr. Robinson leads. You almost (almost) have to feel sorry for someone like that. Almost.

cwilson26 - 3/30/2009 at 04:24 PM

I remember him now. I clicked on the files at the bottom of your first post on this thread and saw his picture and I remember when he introduced himself. I welcomed this idiot like we welcome everyone and I was nice like I am nice to everyone on here. He has a lot of nerve talking about us like this when he doesn't even know us. Jerk! Glad he will not be here. We don't need negativity on this board. That's what makes this board so great, the great people who care so much about each other. All he wold do is bring us all down like he tried to when he wrote that post on the other board.

So sorry you have to deal with this Michy but if he sends you anymore email I would just ignore him. He seems like the type where he gets a kick out of bothering other people. Glad the jackass is gone for good!

JM Van Horn - 3/30/2009 at 04:25 PM

just wow......wow.

Wished I had the time he wasted for being an a**

Kess - 3/30/2009 at 05:09 PM

Oh, I just love special snowflake drama queens. They crop up everywhere and spit and stamp their little e-feet and type out words they think will shock and offend everyone, and then think it's their right to get upset when they're told off and kicked out. They leave this smear of distaste behind them wherever they go.

I'll be honest - I'm surprised he's the only one that I've seen cross this community. I think you handled him well, Michy, and I wouldn't take anything he says personally. This is all about him and his dirty little spotlight.

One of the reasons I was attracted to (and stayed in) this community is the friendly, supportive, and ultimately sane characteristics of its members. I've been in communities that weren't like that, including ones run by the infamous internet stereotype of the psycho hosebeast (if you're not aware, females who run online communities and are not crazy psycho loons are in the minority). Michy, you are one of the minority, and one of the sanest I've come across. You're certainly nothing like he descibed you. Thank you for that.

With regard to the professional threat, I would be surprised if any professional outfit drew judgement from that kind of source. His comments are clearly intended to be defamatory, and a simple Google search can produce evidence of his habit of doing this.

The best thing you can do with an annoying little snowflake like Linton is ignore him. He'll soon find a target that'll argue with him and keep him occupied for months.

Michy - 5/5/2009 at 01:17 PM

http://www.editred.com/index.php/My_Ink/Bulletin/Show/9195

I'm in the process of getting this removed to, but in the meantime, your positive feedback will help negate his lies.

moonshadow68 - 5/5/2009 at 01:30 PM

Done and done!

Michy - 5/5/2009 at 01:50 PM

Thanks, Cindy. I added my own response. I'm getting sick of finding these lies he's posting all over the internet.

Witchmojo - 5/5/2009 at 01:56 PM

Added my tuppence.

caribbeanmuse - 5/5/2009 at 01:58 PM

my mother told me if i didnt have anything nice to say, dont say it! lol after reading about this lunatic, I can't think of any way to say anything without a litany of curse words.

Father Luke - 5/5/2009 at 02:01 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Father Luke, and
I am co-owner of LiteraryMary.

Well, it looks as if we could start
our very own recovery group.

Us, and every other forum where
Lipton has worn out his welcome.

Nice place you have here, Michy.
I'll make it a point to come back and play.

And you are all certainly welcome at LiteraryMary.

I might also mention Every Writer's Resources.
EWR is a new forum for writers getting off to a nice
start. Richard, one of the owners, is serious about helping
writers discover helpful links to both encourage their growth
as writers, and to enhance the writing experience of those
who are already established. I think that you will find a visit
there is more than worth your while.

Here: http://www.everywritersresource.com/writersmessageboards/index.php

I suppose every jack-ass love to hear himself bray.
I'll shut up.

:love:

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

andisaid - 5/5/2009 at 02:04 PM

We love you, Michy, and we know the truth of it.

Humph...some people

Witchmojo - 5/5/2009 at 02:10 PM

Hi Father Luke and welcome. I saw your post over at the other site and thought you and Michy both did exceedingly well to make your points without descending to his level. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will see the situation for what it is. :)

Father Luke - 5/5/2009 at 02:14 PM

Thank you Witchmojo.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

opher - 5/5/2009 at 02:24 PM

It is very incongruous to read Mr. Robinson's posts, in which he launches ad-hominem attacks using extremely vulgar and unprofessional language, while alleging those he attacks are unprofessional. It seems to provide the context necessary to assess the validity of his posts (namely, little to none).

Father Luke - 5/5/2009 at 02:28 PM

I agree opher.

I don't think that Lin has much more of a platform
for his hate.

Did he ever?

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

twnkltoz - 5/5/2009 at 02:35 PM

Welcome, Father Luke!

Commented.

Lindsay M - 5/5/2009 at 03:20 PM

I very much want to comment on this, but quite honestly, my blood is boiling and I cannot think of anything worth saying to this "man" (though "boy" seems to be a more accurate description).

Don't listen to him, Michy. He is awful.

Father Luke - 5/5/2009 at 03:24 PM

FWIW - I think that Lipton has made his bed again.
I think he will have a hard time doing anything but lieing in it.

Oh dear. Did I just make a very bad pun?

oh my.

;)

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

moonshadow68 - 5/5/2009 at 03:27 PM

Bad, Father Luke, real bad. But thankfully, we don't object to punny! Just rude, obnoxious, I'm-better-than-you types who think that their writing is better tha ours because *gasp* we actually do things that make money.

Father Luke - 5/5/2009 at 03:30 PM

lawl !

I do so like it here.
Thank you.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Karen Scamman - 5/5/2009 at 07:29 PM

Michy and Father Luke, I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with this horrible excuse for a human being. I hope that that thread is removed from the last forum. Also, if it gets to the point that legal action is necessary, please do let us know. I and I'm sure many others here would be more than happy to support you in any way we can. I the meantime, just go bask in the gloriousness that is the rest of this forum ;)

danmage - 5/5/2009 at 08:03 PM

Well, having been away for a bit, this is my first reading about this scandal and I can't say anything that the others on this thread haven't already said, but good for you for not taking any crap.

I'm still a newbie, but I'm a writer because I write. I believe that I will eventually make a living at it, and if I'm right about that, it will in no small part because of your inspiration and support, as well as all the good folks on this very caring and supportive forum.

Thanks again Michy, for somehow saying the right thing to me, at the right time, so many times.

Michy - 5/5/2009 at 08:29 PM

((((DAN)))) Thank you, hon!

Thank you to everyone!

Father Luke - 5/6/2009 at 03:36 AM

This may be of interest in this thread:

http://www.writingforums.com/members/lin-21226.html

Lipton is banned for the shenanigans he pulled at writing
forums. It only cost me being banned in return. meh. I think
it's cute that I was banned from a writing site after one post
asking them to explain why they were endorsing Lipton's lies.

I've written twice to the admins at http://www.editred.com ,
and I've included both Jenifer, who is Founder and co-owner of

http://literarymary.com/forum/

and Michy, when I asked that the thread be appropriately
administered.

Lipton continues to have his say here:
http://www.editred.com/index.php/My_Ink/Bulletin/Show/9195

And after reporting the thread to admins there, I have received no reply.

By the way? When I search for Lipton Robinson on google,
this thread shows up:

About Linton Robinson and Libel.

Oh my.

;)

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Father Luke - 5/6/2009 at 04:39 AM

Found on the web:

Here's some further useful info about Linton Hoy Robinson:

Born 9/2/48
5'11", 160 lbs. (weight noted as 200 when arrested in 1999)
Brown hair, Hazel eyes
Several residences in California & Washington

Arrested 1980 - San Diego battery

Arrested 1981 - Simple Battery

Arrested 1988 - Assault with force/deadly weapon (not a firearm), appeared to have been a club & tear gas. Felony conviction, 5 years probation, 270 days jail restitution.

Arrested in San Diego for assault, served 90 days in a mental diagnostic facility - case dropped but 3 strike countable.

Arrested 1999 - Assault with a deadly weapon, NOT A FIREARM, 200 assault dropped, pleads to a batter felony conviction, 270 days jail term & a $300 fine.

This guy is three strike eligible in California & cannot possess a firearm.

My experience with this guy is that he has an extremely bad temper with a complete lack of anger management.. I think he uses the appearance of poor Mental Health as an intimidation tactic and to avoid culpability. He seems to avoid confrontation with a stronger adversary and seeks out victims he feels he can physically intimidate. He uses a lot of verbal intimidation, makes threats and stalks people.

He is currently on the run from the Mazatlan authorities who have two outstanding warrants for his arrest.

Left Cabo San Carlos after supergluing employer's car keys in her car because you were doing the same thing that you later started doing in Mazatlan.

Left Isla Mujeres for unkown reasons.

Arrived in Mazatlan & began harrassing people on the MazInfo List and after being banned from that forum opened the nefarious "Radio Free Mazatlan" Forum with it's attached "Take It Outside" adjunct where you continued to harrass several people who displeased you. Assualted a Mexican citizen who didn't like the way you were attacking his wife on the Internet and after being arrested for that assault, pleaded with him to drop the charges & promised not to make any further attacks. When he did drop the charges - you started again your campaign of harrassment. When other members of your website "team" tried to get you to let up on her & other locals that you disagreed with your reply was to tell them, "My way or the highway".

Found here:

http://www.mytravelguide.com/guides-and-advice/printthread.php?thre...

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

Mystress Gaia - 5/6/2009 at 07:27 AM

Wow, I can't believe he said we all write for only $5 a post... shows how much he knows...

I'm really sorry both Michy and Father Luke have to deal with this person.

Alwoody - 5/6/2009 at 07:32 AM

Wow Father Luke! That's some interesting information.

Unfortunately, the internet is swimming with people like Linton.

I have only been here a short time and have found this site to be nothing but help. I have even found another way to supplement my husband's income. Before this, all I had was ChaCha.

I want to thank Michy for creating such a great resource.

Michy - 5/6/2009 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Father Luke  
This may be of interest in this thread:

By the way? When I search for Lipton Robinson on google,
this thread shows up:

About Linton Robinson and Libel.

Oh my.

;)

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

I know... we've got good google juice here!

Morecoffee - 5/6/2009 at 11:31 AM

UGH! I read what this guy wrote and, honestly, I was so disgusted I simply clicked off. What an assanine and unprofessional display.

twnkltoz - 5/6/2009 at 11:46 AM

Honestly, I don't see any point in wasting more energy on this guy. He's a jerk, everyone knows it, we're better. Let's focus on being great writers, eh?

Thomas Forthe (Tom) - 5/6/2009 at 12:59 PM

I agree Jenn, he is only attempting to pull us down to his level... not to mention giving him a great deal of exposure.

Michy - 5/6/2009 at 09:44 PM

Father Luke has fought this battle longer than I have... It doesn't seem that he'll ever get any better. He just keeps doing this, and in one respect, it does make me feel better that I'm not the ONLY one he's doing it to. (shrug)

moonshadow68 - 5/7/2009 at 07:09 AM

You know, his posts, and our responses ticked them off at EditRed because they didn't want him bringing his fights there. I just wish the admins would take it down...

I have a customer who's storage unit was broken into in early March and thousands of dollars of antiques were stolen. When I said that I hoped tghe police caught the thieves, the owner said he hoped not. He was praying for a fiery auto accident. While I can't go that far with this clown, I will pray/hope etc. that karma catches up with him. May you get what you deserve can be a curse as well as a blessing.

opher - 5/7/2009 at 02:39 PM

LOL Cindy. How true. I'd hazard that all of us hope to get better than we know we deserve... But someone like this guy, I'd settle for him getting what he deserves, period.

LaurieM - 5/7/2009 at 03:32 PM

Some people take pleasure in trying to make others miserable. I don't get that mindset. Don't we get enough bad to deal with in life without manufacturing more?

I was taught and still believe that what you put out comes back at you.

Borgieskid - 5/7/2009 at 05:13 PM

Like a very spoiled child or immature adult, bad attention is better than no attention. And if the so-called writer cannot sell or even give away his writing, perhaps he would have to attack just to become "famous"... truly an untalented writers trick. :thumbdown:

Michy - 3/29/2010 at 03:00 PM

Would you believe that he has started this crap up again on LinkedIn?

(sigh) He just called 'Accentuate' a scam site on a thread on linked in and then threatened me.

He lives in Mexico, and my atty says that's going to make him really hard to sue, but we can get him into court absentia, if he doesn't come to the states (and there might very well be a reason he can't come to the states) but getting blood out of a turnip won't happen... so what's the point? I thought about seeing if I could get an injunction, but then the same problem, he's out of the country.

So basically, we have no choice but to put up with his crap, because he thinks he's untouchable.

He's really a nasty man.

sharkbytes - 3/29/2010 at 03:30 PM

Hmmm. LinkedIn is supposed to be very professional. Most of this happened before I got active here, so I just read it all. What a jerk.

Spent the yearly hour with my tax man on Saturday and more of my income last year came from writing than any other source. So I guess I'm a professional writer... and Accentuate may make me a better one.

Don't you just "love" situations where you can't win?

moonshadow68 - 3/29/2010 at 03:37 PM

Michy,
Is there anything we fellow members can do at LinkedIn? Push for a ban there or something?

Let us know and we're on it (and by we, I am actually just speaking for myself and the cat, but you know...)

Michy - 3/29/2010 at 03:41 PM

I know, and Rain is really quite ferocious, but (shrug)...

It wasn't so bad this time, but he was being a real ass to someone and I simply mentioned that our purpose on the thread would best be served by discussing the topic at hand and not calling people names and making personal attacks, and then he said something about how I was still pissed at him.... well, it wasn't so bad, I guess, but here's the last part of what he said:

Quote:

"In fact, I don't think you should point your finger and scold anyway. It's particularly ironic to single somebody out for personal comments when you are telling them to avoid personal comments.

You ain't in charge here and if you're still trying to bash me for outing your scams on Accentuate, you're going to have to live with things being a little more democratic here.
Start that stuff and next thing people might be asking you how many characters you have in you average "SEO content" blurbs. Okay? "

I just hate how he can just keep spreading lies around and there's nothing we can do about it, really. This wasn't bad enough I think LinkeIn would do anything about it.

sharkbytes - 3/29/2010 at 03:51 PM

I have to profess ignorance. Is there a forum on LinkedIn? Admittedly, I don't play in many group arenas by choice, but I've never encountered threads on LI. OH... is it a discussion in a group?

Michy - 3/29/2010 at 03:55 PM

Yes, it's the fiction writers discussion group, and a thread started about characters and whether or not people should write characters that are based on themselves.

Cyndee - 3/29/2010 at 03:57 PM

Honestly, I would just ignore him. He seems to thrive off of confrontation. If you don't give it to him, he'll go pester someone else. What is important is how the members of this forum feel about "Accentuate". We are not stupid people. Even most new members have done their homework. It isn't very often someone would join without checking out a few threads first. That is all it takes to convince most people this place is legit.

RobertArend - 3/29/2010 at 04:16 PM

I have 3 actual books from Accentuate's Twin Trinity Media publishing branch.

A scam is a lie, so this Robinson is scamming a lot of innocent people when he lies about the best site for writers on the Internet.

[Edited on 3/30/2010 by RobertArend]

moonshadow68 - 3/29/2010 at 05:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Michy  
I know, and Rain is really quite ferocious, but (shrug)...

Well, actually, she's a big ol' baby, but don't tell her I said so :) She'll pounce while I'm sleeping.

Sadly, I have no idea what he was even trying to imply, whcih I guess makes him an even worse writer than I thought. I kinda agree with Cyndee that confrontation is what makes him happy, but at the same time, I totally get the Southern besmeerched (sp?) honor thing. Can't conceive of a Texan taking that well....

Michy - 3/29/2010 at 06:06 PM

I haven't said anything... not a word, but man, I sure wrote a great response... I just never clicked send. Just didn't want to get into it. Feel like snot today, and that's just bad energy.

Father Luke - 3/30/2010 at 11:20 AM

When it's time to edit I do the same thing, Michy. I take out
what I think is my best writing and start there.

;)

Looks like Linton needs to sell some books and wants some
publicity. He won't get any from us, will he?

Hope you are well...

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

[Edited on 3/30/2010 by Father Luke]

Michy - 3/30/2010 at 11:25 AM

Hey, Father Luke - good to see you here again!

moonshadow68 - 3/30/2010 at 01:12 PM

Welcomwe back, Father Luke.

Sorry you feel crummy today, Michy--I blame rolly chairs!

Vivaldi - 5/21/2010 at 10:40 PM

Hello everyone and sorry for bringing up this lousy topic again but I just must say that I was surprised and even relieved to have found this surfing the web. (I've just signed up to this website by the way.) A few weeks ago, I signed up at Writers Digest community and I thought I'd join in an innocent little debate about e-books versus paper books. I disagreed with this horrible old person, Linton Robinson, and he out of the blue picked on me and said I wasn't too bright, yada yada. I'm very sensitive, so I thought maybe he's right. (Silly me.) Anyway, I tried to play nice at first but he only continued to put me down at which point I decided he's a scumbag and I want nothing of him.

But it annoyed me that eveyrone else at the place was so nice to him. Weird. Maybe he's right. Maybe I am rude (in having the audacity to disagree with someone, go figure). But then I saw that he was just as rude to another newcomer.

It angers me and really pisses me off that this ass can get away with this, living in Mexico, out of the reach of the law, so that he can harass good, honest people like myself and the lady who runs this site, and many, many others. The world is full of injustices but at least it's nice to know that I'm not alone in being harassed by this smelly old creep. I'm not stupid or rude or a detestable person. The one who fits that description is the guy who's living in another country because he was so succesful in his writing career in this country that he no longer needs to live here but can ply his trade south of the border where his books undoubtedly are practically flying off the shelves. (But that's probably only because of the occassional earthquake.)

Vivaldi - 5/21/2010 at 10:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Father Luke  
When it's time to edit I do the same thing, Michy. I take out
what I think is my best writing and start there.

;)

Looks like Linton needs to sell some books and wants some
publicity. He won't get any from us, will he?

Hope you are well...

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

[Edited on 3/30/2010 by Father Luke]

I reminded him at Writers Digest that he isn't selling too well at Amazon.com. He disputed this by saying that his books sell very well at some other website where the prices aren't "jacked up." I really need to find these special, magical websites myself. And I thought most writers wanted to be so in demand that readers would buy their stuff at market value instead of some special "giving it away because nobody really would buy it otherwise" price. Silly me.

twnkltoz - 5/22/2010 at 01:41 PM

Jacked up? at Amazon? Huh?

Michy - 5/22/2010 at 01:46 PM

Amazon sells at or below retail price.... the people who post the books there are the ones who set the pricing.

He is self published, whether he tells people that or not. The 'company' that publishes his books is his own and he prints through the same POD printer that a lot of people print through.

(shrug)

If something good can come from his being an ass online, I'm glad it brought us a new member! Welcome!

sharkbytes - 5/22/2010 at 05:27 PM

I'm staying away from this guy for sure. Welcome, Vivaldi!

Rebecca F - 9/14/2010 at 09:43 PM

I've known Lin for a few years, having met on writingforums.com. He can be nice and helpful when he wants to be, but that's not too often. He's never been mean to me personally. But he's been banned from writingforums.com at least 3 times, but keeps coming back for more. They are under new ownership now, and I don't think they'll let him back in.

Michy - 9/14/2010 at 10:10 PM

Rebecca, the problem I have with his 'helpful' is that oftentimes, it's wrong advice. He is currently self publishing his books too, but he surely doesn't present it to the public that way.

He's a volatile man, with a volatile temperament, who harrassed and stalked me virtually. The ONLY thing that kept him from getting in trouble with law enforcement was that he was not in the United States. He knows that he can get away with things because of that.

twnkltoz - 9/15/2010 at 10:07 AM

It tells you something when the same person is banned from multiple places.

andisaid - 9/15/2010 at 10:23 AM

Oh not this guy again. I thought he would stay buried where he belongs

KathleenGage - 11/30/2010 at 11:38 PM

Hello all. I found this group when I did a search on a very angry man you have all been writing about; Linton Robinson. I posted about how many books one needs to sell to make it to bestseller status online.

Wow! To say he slandered me is an understatement. Like Michy, he attempted to get me by the juggler with his vial comments. I was blown away.

Yet, I have to thank him for his ignorance in that I found this group.

Good work Linton!

Michy - 11/30/2010 at 11:44 PM

Hi Kathleen! I saw the exchange... amazing stuff, isn't he? (shaking head)

Glad you found us though!

artfirms - 12/13/2010 at 02:42 AM

Oh my! So much going on in here. I'm not much of a talker on forums or websites, but I can't tolerate anyone badmouthing our Accentuate home. I hope he doesn't cross my path... for his own sake.

zizban - 10/6/2011 at 05:56 PM

I ran in to this guy a few times over the last couple of years. I was wondering what his thing was. I made the mistake of saying one thing about publishing that wrong and he pounced all over me and just kept on calling me names and a liar. I'm relieved to see Lin really is a scum ball and I am much better than him.

Thank you!!

Father Luke - 6/30/2018 at 04:14 PM

Fun times ....