Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need Fast Money!
Melanie
Founding Member

Mood: Writing like mad!

[*] posted on 11/7/2011 at 07:45 AM
Need Fast Money!

I've been away from the content writing scene for a bit while I've focused on my websites, but with the reduction in pay from AC/Yahoo and DS dwindling down to nothing, I need to know where to find some fast money.

Christmas is coming!

Are there any sites out there where I can make some relatively quick money still? I need ones that pay through Paypal in a week or two really.

Is Textbroker still around? What else?

Melanie
"Go forth boldly in the direction of your dreams." Thoreau
----------------------------
M. Lori Motley - Fantasy & Horror
Lenora Meade - Romance
C.Lee
Master Writer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11/7/2011 at 08:00 AM

I'm writing for this site: http://www.LondonBrokers.net/?id=3533

Horrible horrible rate, but they pay promptly every week with no fuss. You just write something general about keywords and spin it twice. What they demand is pretty low too. I've written like 1000 articles but only have to revise 2 so far. If you write fast, you can make few hundred bucks a month.

Melanie
Founding Member

[*] posted on 11/7/2011 at 08:16 AM

Thanks Lydya. That is a pretty low rate, but I'll look into it. Good to know they pay promptly every week.

A question. Is the rate listed on the bulletin board thing for all three versions of the article, or per article?

[Edited on 7-11-2011 by Melanie]

Melanie
Lenora Meade - Romance
C.Lee
Master Writer

[*] posted on 11/7/2011 at 08:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Melanie  
Thanks Lydya. That is a pretty low rate, but I'll look into it. Good to know they pay promptly every week.

Yup. They're very reliable in payment and the threshold is pretty low too, Only 10 $. I have been making my living writing for them when Mahalo was closed and I was not working at school anymore. Well, now they're just supplemental income for me, but it's still a quick way to make cash.

C.Lee
Master Writer

[*] posted on 11/7/2011 at 08:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Melanie  

A question. Is the rate listed on the bulletin board thing for all three versions of the article, or per article?

[Edited on 7-11-2011 by Melanie]

For all 3 version / article. But if you type fast, you can write an article & the 2 spin offs in half an hour.

Good luck!

boatkicker
Accentuate Writer!

[*] posted on 11/7/2011 at 12:47 PM

Textbroker is still around and well. I wrote a little for them a month or so ago.

~Erin Boat

Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior
Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Wyatt, I am rolling.

[*] posted on 11/7/2011 at 02:43 PM

Keep your eye on Craigslist. I found a very, very good gig on there.

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.
Melanie
Founding Member

[*] posted on 11/7/2011 at 03:18 PM

I was peeking at Craigslist, but I was a bit confused where you look for online writing jobs. I mean, which city? It seems obvious to look at the local one, but online jobs can be from anywhere. Focus on the big cities instead?

Also, I don't really want a 'gig.' Don't need the stress of dealing with clients or anything.

Melanie
Lenora Meade - Romance
Jesse Sears
Accentuate Writer!

Mood: Workin'

[*] posted on 12/10/2012 at 01:44 AM

Melanie, you might give Demand Media Studios another look. Do I remember correctly that you used to write there before they went haywire? Well, they've added several projects. I am back to a decent monthly sum, working at $30 per 500-600 words with a consistent workflow of writable titles.

From what I understand, now that general eHow is nearly packed with as much content as they've decided it needs, they've moved more toward specialized channels as a source of writers for partnerships with other companies. Pay seems to be up across the board. The freelance copy editors still drive me crazy at times, but this is real money.

Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Wyatt, I am rolling.

[*] posted on 12/10/2012 at 02:17 PM

By 'gig' I mean the guns writing one. I work with one editor, not clients, and it pays really well. :)

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.
Melanie
Founding Member

[*] posted on 12/10/2012 at 03:35 PM

This was a year-old thread that somehow got revitalized, so I thought I'd share what works for me right now.

Textbroker, where I just got bumped to a 4 and just got my first direct order client, and Fiverr, which pays $4.00 for any gig you post. I got about 20 orders in the first week and, while it's low pay, it's helping out with some extras right now. :)

I know most of you guys are well beyond me in the freelance realm - private clients and all - but I'm happy to have this right now. Still trying to focus on fiction.

Melanie
Lenora Meade - Romance
moonshadow68
Founding Member/Moderator

Mood: Trying to make the voices be quiet ;)

[*] posted on 12/11/2012 at 09:25 AM

I think it got revitalized by a spammer, but it's good to hear that Fiverr is working well for you and Textbrokers too.

In answer to a very old question, when the company I work for posts ads on Craigslist, we post in the suburbs of major cities. In the cities themselves, Craigslist charges for an ad, but in the surrounding areas ort in rural areas, they don't. But I wish they had a national listing option for telecommute jobs.

chrisstevenson
Accentuate Writer!

Mood: Relieved

[*] posted on 12/11/2012 at 04:19 PM

I've been writing for TB every day now--an article or two--really, really low rates but it beats nothing.

I'm still with Demand, and my last jaunt out I made 600 in a week, but then ran out of my special auto areas--detailing. You see, I have a frickin section chief who won't allow me to write in anything but detailing and touch-up. I'm fully qualified, 35 years experience and have an auto repair book under my belt. Also knocked out 1,600 articles for DS a year ago. A section chief who limits a fully qualified writer on his subject, has got to be one for the record books and totally against DMS policy. But...these guys pay the ultimate highest I've seen in the industry, so I'd give them a try.

Gads, I ranted. Okay, Google Dollar Stretcher Magazine--they pay 10 cents a word up to 700 words.

Guerrilla Warfare For Writers
http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2...

A Writer is…
A humble, receptive student and negotiator
But the heart that beats within his breast
Is a determined savage
Unfamiliar with surrender--by C.H. Stevenson

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies