Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I'm writing for free...
raian76
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5/30/2012 at 03:34 PM
I'm writing for free...

I feel as if I'm writing for free. I see sales, but have yet seen a dime in money from anyone. Frustrating.

On a good note, Blood Thirst was ranked at 61,243 today, it's slowly creeping up there.

Also, every time I go someplace, I hand out my book cards (that Farah designed). And every time I do that, I make sales. I need to get out more.
Jenn.W
Literary Master

Mood: Energized!

[*] posted on 5/30/2012 at 03:52 PM

Told you, about the cards, they work!

Your series is awesome Linda, and as soon as things slow down for me I'm gonna help more than I am now. I'm just swamped.

Here is what I would do if I were you, since your writing for free anyway. Look for people to read and talk about it. You have the ebook version now so you can send out review copies easy. I promise you, once the word gets out, sales will rise even more.

I have list of like 200 book bloggers I'll send you and also make a recommendation on my email list. The list is easy cause its spread sheet and tells you what genre they accept, if they accept ebooks, and all that stuff you have to check on their review policies.

And yeah, it takes a while to get paid at all from KDP and Smash. Your genre is popular and your story rocks, as does your writing, so I know for sure your series will do well.

Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Wyatt, I am rolling.

[*] posted on 5/30/2012 at 04:43 PM

Keep ya chin up; you are doing all you can. :)

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.
raian76
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5/30/2012 at 05:50 PM

Aw, Jenn, you are so sweet. I seriously want to adopt you.... or find a way to bottle your energy and sell it :)

Derek, I keep on plugging away. I think that's what you have to do. I wish I'd get some more folks posting reviews. I always try to review a book when I read it.

And, in truth, I have made money, but on my own, selling out of the trunk of my car, mainly at dog shows. I've sold 50 copies of Blood Thirst and 19 copies of Blood Divided. I'm a bit broke right now so only ordered 10 copies of Blood Feud, five are freebies to people I owe and I sold one the other day to the lady that owns the Cheverolet Dealership in town (she's a big fan). Figure I'm getting about $11 to $12 per book... that's about what? About $770.00 so far, so I think I've pretty much paid for them.

Can't wait to get the others out in ebook but I don't want to push them all out there at once.
Jesse Sears
Accentuate Writer!

Mood: Workin'

[*] posted on 5/30/2012 at 07:42 PM

I love the idea of selling your books out of the trunk of your car. Of course, I wish you were a million-selling author and wouldn't have to but this shows great dedication. When I see a local rapper selling his CDs in front of the grocery store or at a show I always buy one if I can afford it. I like to reward that initiative.

Hope your sales grow and grow!

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies