Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Opinions re combining 3 e-books into one print book
Camack
Literary Master

Mood: so-so

[*] posted on 6/12/2012 at 11:56 AM
Opinions re combining 3 e-books into one print book

If you were to combine three e-books into one print book, what would you do?

Would you just slap the three e-books together, complete with covers/title page, etc., and pick one of the titles and cover for the print book? Or would you take the stories from the e-books and set it up like a new book (in this case, I would still use one of the covers and titles of one of the e-books). Then...would you number the pages as three books or as one?

I can't decide which way to go.

[Edited on 6/12/2012 by Camack]

Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 6/12/2012 at 12:18 PM

You number the pages consecutively from page one to the end, regardless of how you do the books.

But when you do the combined e-version, if you're doing an ebook combined, you don't number the pages anyway. Ebooks don't have page numbers, because they will look different on every device, flow through on most devices, so the page numbers won't be accurate.

Secondly, you don't want to use the same name for the combined book as one of the existing books, because you'll have confusion in the marketplace over what book is what. The combined book needs it's own unique name. It will also need its own ISBN. Give it its own unique title and give it its own cover, something that takes in all three books, or even like Jennifer Wright did, use the original covers on the new cover, with all the covers showing smaller on the front, or something.

When I formatted Jennifer Wright's combined TVHD shorts for print, we put a small version of the cover for each short at the beginning of each section in the print edition. It was a nice break for the next section and she says they look really good, even in B&W.

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
Camack
Literary Master

Mood: so-so

[*] posted on 6/12/2012 at 12:38 PM

Ok, thanks, Michy. I know if an e-book to not number pages, but it's not a combined e-book, but a print book. I know to get a new ISBN, too. But, I thought it would be ok to use one of the titles and names. Ok...maybe I'll try all three somehow on the cover.

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies