Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Accentuate Members Only:Got A Print Book for Sale? The Robert Is Buying....
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 10/16/2012 at 06:51 PM

I'm not in any way meaning to 'kick your tail', at all. It's just frustrating on this end, is all, when a business keeps losing money, especially when my own personal finances are so tight, and since the business isn't making a profit (and hasn't yet), it's my personal money going into the business. So it's knee-jerk on my part to be worried about sales and every time I see one come up on Amazon, I try to be positive about it. These books were all before we were doing Kindle format, so it really can't drives sales to the Kindle version for Rendezvous--but it might for Bubba1&2.

But to say that by reminding you (and everyone else) of something I have repeatedly asked for over and over is 'kicking your tail' really isn't fair to me, Robert. It's not like these are my books and I am personally profiting from them--these books have cost me thousands and thousands of dollars to do for YOU and other authors, and I did it willingly, and with gratitude and joy, but I don't think I'm wrong to want to hope for some return on that very large investment and to want to benefit the most number of people in the largest possible way. This is a business reaction, not a personal one--and even if it were personal, it wasn't unjustified to professionally say what I said.

I wasn't ugly... I wasn't rude. And I don't think I've done anything wrong here. I apologize if you think I was 'kicking your tail', but that totally wasn't my intention.

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
chrisstevenson
Accentuate Writer!

Mood: Relieved

[*] posted on 10/16/2012 at 10:03 PM

May I join in thanking you for this gesture. I'm having my publisher put you on a freebie list and I've asked him for a couple of gift -e-book cards for you. I'll let you know when they arrive. I still don't know how to transfer or use them just yet--they're very new to the marketplace.

chris

Guerrilla Warfare For Writers
http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2...

A Writer is…
A humble, receptive student and negotiator
But the heart that beats within his breast
Is a determined savage
Unfamiliar with surrender--by C.H. Stevenson
RobertArend
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10/16/2012 at 10:52 PM

There is no need to send me those cards, Chris, though I would like more information about that "new thing on the marketplace".

One of the hardest things any writer has to do, I've found, is getting other writers to support each other by buying each others books. I think what makes for such reluctance is the very real world fact that most struggling writers are also flat broke.

So I had a little money come in from my insurer to replace books destroyed by fire and smoke. I promised months ago I would reserve some of that money to support Accentuate members with print books to sell. Maybe the way I went about it didn't gleen for the writers the maximum potential profit, but each who linked did sell a book to me.

I made a promise months ago, and I have always been one to follow through with the promises I make.

And now I have some good books coming in the mail from writers I know to read, so both sides of these transactions gained something more valuable than the dollars spent.

LaurieM
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10/17/2012 at 01:13 PM

I don't get any royalties from it, but if you are interested, this book was released to the public today and I have a non-fiction story in it.

http://www.amazon.com/Chicken-Soup-Soul-Inspirational-Spiritual/dp/...

------------------------------------------------------

Father Luke
Super Moderator

Mood: Yes. Of course.

[*] posted on 9/5/2015 at 03:50 PM

...here: https://www.facebook.com/Father.Luke.Miljevich/posts/829610297157986

Yes, I see. Of course.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies