Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Glimmer Train Procedure Question
plntpolice
Accentuate Writer!

Mood: hoping things get better

[*] posted on 2/22/2013 at 02:03 PM
Glimmer Train Procedure Question

I submitted a short story to Glimmer Train a few months ago and *surprise* it was rejected, but I can't get the thought out of my head that it was a contender.

If any of you have submitted there, you know their procedure is set up so you can check as often as you like on the status of your submission by clicking on a link. If your submission has been received and not yet rejected, "in process" appears. If it's been rejected, "complete" appears.

I submitted around the late middle of the stipulated time frame, but my rejection didn't appear until the day before the acceptances were announced. Being pathetically desperate for any glimmer of hope, I wondered if that meant I was among the semi-finalists. Yeah, I know I'm a sad case, but do you think if my story had been immediately rejected, since I was in the middle of the queue, my rejection should have shown up earlier?

When life hands you a rotten tomato, save it, cause someone you'd like to throw it at will come along soon.
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 2/22/2013 at 02:27 PM

I don't want to be the bearer of any negative news, 'cause I want you to stay motivated and positive--but I can tell you from my own experience, every time I've submitted to them--and that's been about six times now--they waited until the last day of the month it was due in to show the status as 'complete'--it didn't matter if I submitted early or late, every time, it was the last day.

If you were in the semifinalists, they would put your name on the website--the top 25 are always listed, even if they don't get picked.

Congrats on submitting to them though--it's good to keep putting your work out there--keep doing that!

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

plntpolice
Accentuate Writer!

[*] posted on 2/22/2013 at 02:56 PM

Aww, well, thanks for letting me know. I guess imagination is a good trait for a writer, but I let it get the better of me this time.

When life hands you a rotten tomato, save it, cause someone you'd like to throw it at will come along soon.
Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Reflective...

[*] posted on 2/22/2013 at 03:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Michy  
I don't want to be the bearer of any negative news, 'cause I want you to stay motivated and positive--but I can tell you from my own experience, every time I've submitted to them--and that's been about six times now--they waited until the last day of the month it was due in to show the status as 'complete'--it didn't matter if I submitted early or late, every time, it was the last day.

If you were in the semifinalists, they would put your name on the website--the top 25 are always listed, even if they don't get picked.

Congrats on submitting to them though--it's good to keep putting your work out there--keep doing that!

Same. I've submitted quite a few, and will continue to chuck money and stories at them. :lol:

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 2/22/2013 at 03:32 PM

Yeah, but thanks for mentioning this, because I forgot I had one pending with them in the 'very short story' contest! I just went to look and it's still 'in process'.

I've submitted seven times now--fingers crossed!

Don't give up.... pick up a few of their journals and read them, and then resubmit--you don't have to pay for each submission. They do take open submissions all year round too.

Good luck i you submit again!

Good luck to you too, Derek--one day, we'll both make it... wouldn't it be a hoot if we ended up in the same book? LOL

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Reflective...

[*] posted on 2/22/2013 at 05:17 PM

I *also* have one in the Very Short contest. :lol:

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.
plntpolice
Accentuate Writer!

[*] posted on 2/22/2013 at 05:19 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. One of my biggest problems is that I rarely get up the courage to submit, but I'm working on improving.

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies