Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Your Newsletter!
Melanie
Founding Member

Mood: Writing like mad!

[*] posted on 5/17/2013 at 07:14 AM
Your Newsletter!

I just signed up for Mailchimp and set up the newsletter sign up things on both my author websites. Now I can point people to them at the ends of my ebooks. (When I have some available.)

Just curious...

How do you guys handle your newsletters? Do you just send an announcement when you have something new come out, or do you have a monthly or weekly newsletter than goes out to all subscribers?

I can see benefits for both ways.

Melanie
"Go forth boldly in the direction of your dreams." Thoreau
----------------------------
M. Lori Motley - Fantasy & Horror
Lenora Meade - Romance
----------------------------
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 5/17/2013 at 11:58 AM

I think if you don't do something monthly or at least regularly, people who sign up for your newsletter might forget who you are or forget that they signed up and you're more likely to get it marked as spam. If you do it too often, the same thing will happen. People tend to not 'unsubscribe' but rather just mark it as spam and move on, even when they asked for it.

So I think something once or twice per month keeps you in their mind but isn't too often to get annoying.... then you try to time your new releases to be with that twice monthly schedule.

I need to get mine working again--I have the account and all, but haven't sent anything in forever. Thanks for the reminder!

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies