Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kindle MatchBook Offers Free And Discounted Versions Of Print Titles
RobertArend
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9/4/2013 at 06:14 PM
Kindle MatchBook Offers Free And Discounted Versions Of Print Titles

I recently came to the conclusion that authors would achieve more sales if the ebook of a print book was free with the purchase of the print book....

From the Huffingtonpost article

Kindle MatchBook, Amazon's latest endeavor, is sure to be welcomed by e-reader converts. The promotion allows anyone who has purchased a print book from Amazon to download the Kindle version for $2.99, $1.99, $0.99, or free.

The project will be launched in October, and 10,000 titles will initially be available, including books by Ray Bradbury, Michael Crichton, Jodi Picoult, Neil Gaiman and Jo Nesbo. At this time, HarperCollins is the only participating publisher.However, according to a press release from Amazon, "many more titles will be added over time."

Customers who have purchased new print books from Amazon as early as the site's launch in 1995 will be eligible to participate.

The endeavor is much like AutoRip, a program announced by Amazon in January allowing music lovers to purchase marked-down MP3 files for any CDs or vinyls they'd previously purchased.

The project may be useful to students and other readers who benefit from owning both electronic and print versions of books--the latter for portability and the former for in-depth study. (According to The Chronicle of Higher Education, students prefer physical books when it's time to buckle down with more rigorous reading).

Between its $.99 e-book deals and wealth of used print books, Amazon already has a reputation for selling books for low prices that are difficult for other retailers to compete with. What do you think of the Amazon's latest project? Let us know in the comments!

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/kindle-matchbook_n_3860475...

Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 9/4/2013 at 07:02 PM

Yup, I already enrolled Elements of Life in it for .99 for the ebook--I'm considering doing it for free, 'cause it can be changed at any time--thought I'd play with it this way first and see how that works on promotion.

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
melinda
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9/5/2013 at 08:13 AM

I'm planning on signing up for this program also now that I have a paperback book.

Melissa Snark
P.O. Box 1347, Pleasanton, CA 94566
email: melissasnark@gmail.com
twitter: @MelissaSnark

My website: Melissa Snark author site

My blog: The Snarkology

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies