Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How To Get Your Book Into Costco
RobertArend
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3/27/2014 at 02:37 PM
How To Get Your Book Into Costco

Excerpt:

"One Saturday while shopping, I noticed an author selling his books. I asked him how he got into Costco and he mentioned his publisher arranged everything for him. He had a traditional publisher, and wasn’t an indie publisher like myself.

I called them and listened to their instructions about where to send my book, together with my press kit and it specifically said, that they do not want books published by Author House, X-Libris, I-Universe, or CreateSpace as the publisher. You can use CreateSpace for printing, but not as your publisher on record.

Fortunately, I have my own publishing company, “Gutsy Publications” which allows me to offer Costco the same discount bookstores expect from publishers. I offered them a 55% discount."__Indie author Sonia Marsh

Link to full blogpost:

http://soniamarsh.com/2013/09/how-to-get-your-book-into-costco.html

chrisstevenson
Accentuate Writer!

Mood: Relieved

[*] posted on 6/14/2014 at 06:41 PM

Thanks for the link, Robert. I did something similar with Books A Million. I called the regional office and talked to the highest ranking executive I could and explained my situation. She said she would personally read my book, along with a kit sent from my publishers. I notified my publishers and they were thrilled to send a nice press kit to them. Don't know if anything will come of it, but it's always worth a shot. And, yes, publishers must make these inroads in the author's behalf--much more professional that way.

chris

Guerrilla Warfare For Writers
http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2...

A Writer is…
A humble, receptive student and negotiator
But the heart that beats within his breast
Is a determined savage
Unfamiliar with surrender--by C.H. Stevenson

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies