Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: comments on my bio
maxowin
Member Writer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9/1/2014 at 05:44 AM
comments on my bio

Hello, All. It's been awhile since I've logged in but I have reached a point with my book that I'm working on a bio. Would love some comments. I had originally intended to write under a pen name (Max) but decided to use my real name (in case any of you wonder about the discrepancy). I cringe at using the word "she" too often but if you're writing in third person, it's hard to avoid. Not sure if I should mention writing credentials. I have co-authored several scientific papers and close to publishing a technical manual. I participate in several writers groups and took a course in Creative Writing. As it stands, the bio is just at 147 words so any additions might be a little much. Thanks. Here's the bio:

Raised in a small town in the hills of western Pennsylvania, Kathy's love of travel and adventure was ignited by summer vacations on Sanibel Island in Florida. After surviving the culture shock of her family's move to southern California in the mid-nineteen sixties, she later took a break from college to attend horse-riding school in England. On her return, she married her college landlord (he claims she just wanted to save on the rent), raised three sons, and embarked on a career as a histotechnologist, working in both clinical and research laboratories. She and her husband Ron currently live in Mexico and can occasionally be found sailing their boat on the Chesapeake Bay.

Kathy would love to hear from you but don't be surprised if it takes her awhile to reply. You never know where in the world she might be or what she may be doing.
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 9/1/2014 at 07:13 AM

There aren't too many 'shes' in it, that part reads great.

Are you going to be self publishing? What is the bio for? Is it for the book?

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
itzrissa2u
Literary Master

Mood: Procrastinatable...wha? it's a word because I say it is

[*] posted on 9/1/2014 at 11:29 AM

I agree with Red! I like it.

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies