Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Prose and Cons: A Plagiarist Faces the Judge
RobertArend
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9/2/2014 at 03:48 PM
Prose and Cons: A Plagiarist Faces the Judge

Excerpted from the blogpost:

"To an author, there are few crimes more heinous than plagiarism. Every author knows the agony of the untold story, the grueling birth of a novel, the joy of finally bringing that creation into the world and holding it up for all to see.

Having that joy stolen from you is an unspeakable cruelty.

Thatís why Rachel Ann Nunesí plight has struck a chord with so many authors. Rachelís novel, A Bid for Love, was stolen, mutilated, and repackaged as a sloppy knock-off titled The Auction Deal.

Rachelís work has already hit #1 on the Amazon bestseller lists for Christian fiction, but the plagiarist believed she could improve it by injecting explicit sex scenes into the work. She then offered the book for sale under her pen name, Sam Taylor Mullens, and pretended that it was her own, original creation.

The plagiarist tried to take credit for Rachelís inventiveness, hard work, and perseverance. It was a cowardly act, but it paled in comparison to what followed."

Link to the full John Doppler Blogpost: http://johndopp.com/plagiarism-sam-taylor-mullens-busted/

RobertArend
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9/2/2014 at 03:54 PM

The alleged plagiarist's Facebook page has not be taken down yet: https://www.facebook.com/tiffanie.rushton?fref=ts

itzrissa2u
Literary Master

Mood: Procrastinatable...wha? it's a word because I say it is

[*] posted on 9/2/2014 at 04:33 PM

So happy Rachel was able to track her down. I remember being up that night and being on a mission to uncover more of her aliases.

Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 9/3/2014 at 12:09 PM

And boy did she have plenty of them too. I was quite interested in this.

I hate that she turned out to be a school teacher--this is NOT the example you want set for children!

I also do not understand the draw to want to steal from someone else like this. I mean, to me, it's such an intensely personal thing--how could you pass something off that someone else wrote and not feel... I don't know, like a fraud and a phoney... like you were a kidnapper, almost... I mean, my books are really like children to me; it really is that personal for me.

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
itzrissa2u
Literary Master

Mood: Procrastinatable...wha? it's a word because I say it is

[*] posted on 9/4/2014 at 10:58 AM

Because it wasn't about the books. It was about the attention and the money. I would hate it if this woman taught my kids! They will arrest a teacher for writing fiction. Hopefully they will get rid of her for serial plagiarizing.

Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 9/4/2014 at 11:24 AM

It will be interesting to see if the other authors she stole from ever come out.

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies