Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New ABNA Program
artfirms
Super Moderator

Mood: Always hopeful.

star.gif posted on 9/26/2014 at 03:15 AM
New ABNA Program

The new ABNA program will be based on popularity votes. You have to submit the manuscript with a cover. Then they'll display the first few pages on a new website for readers to nominate their favorites. Most nominations wins. Here's an excerpt from the email:

- Authors will be asked to submit their complete, never-before-published book and cover.
- After a few days, we will post the first pages of each book on a new website for readers to preview and nominate their favorites.
- Books with the most nominations will be reviewed by our team for potential publication.

Of course, for me the cover bit is awesome. My clients and I would probably stand a good chance at being noticed vs. the 'Lousy Book Covers' standard that litters Amazon.

Do you prefer the old program with the 4 rounds, or this new popularity contest program?
Nancy G.
Literary Master

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9/26/2014 at 06:43 AM

I don't think this will work. Have you ever 'bought' a book on Amazon (either for money or free) and found that it has many glowing reviews but is the worst written thing you've ever seen? I have. Several times I have downloaded books with lots of wonderful reviews and they turned out to look like they have been written by a high-school girl who never pays attention in English class. I'm sure she got all her classmates to write a review for her. I think that's what will happen for ABNA too.

artfirms
Super Moderator

Mood: Always hopeful.

[*] posted on 9/26/2014 at 07:40 AM

Oh, you might be right if it's open to anyone and everyone. People will invite their relatives to go vote. Unless they use a private reader's circle.. you know, like a jury. People not related to the authors.

If the former is the case, then a lot of us are screwed! lol
Melanie
Founding Member

Mood: Writing like mad!

[*] posted on 9/26/2014 at 09:03 AM

Oh God, high school all over again. Popularity contest for books? This will definitely NOT result in the best book or cover being picked. Whoever begs their social media friends the loudest will win.

I was actually considering heading in the direction of submitting to ABNA, but not any more.

Melanie
"Go forth boldly in the direction of your dreams." Thoreau
----------------------------
M. Lori Motley - Fantasy & Horror
Lenora Meade - Romance
----------------------------

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies