Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Helium is Shutting Down Soon
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 12/12/2014 at 10:36 PM
Helium is Shutting Down Soon

Ya'll don't forget, you have until the 15th to seek payout from Helium!

https://app.rrdcontentsource.com/root.sc

They are still holding to the fact they won't be paying anyone who earned less than $25. I'm really quite pissed about that, because I"m sitting at $22.80... regardless of whether it's reached payout or not, it's money I earned, and if they are closing down with no ability to earn more, I think they legally should have to pay every penny we've earned to us!

I realize it's not a lot of money, but they are owned now by a publishing company that has the ability to pay out what they owe.

I'm almost angry enough about it that if I could find enough people who were pissed about it too that I'd file a suit against them, and I am NOT a sue-happy person.

Multiple 10, 20 bucks times hundreds or thousands of people and they are keeping money that isn't theirs and it's potentially a significant amount.

Thing is, over the Helium forums, tons of folks are totally taking Helium's side and were sort of bashing those who were daring to say they were upset they weren't going to get all their money. They said that the agreement we signed said payout was 25, and we can't get mad about that now, but that agreement presupposed that we'd always be able to earn up to that 25... it never supposed we would lose the ability to earn out.

What are your thoughts?

Regardless of what you think, you do need to request payout before the 15th!

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
Melanie
Founding Member

Mood: Writing like mad!

[*] posted on 12/12/2014 at 11:21 PM

I took my articles off quite a while ago and only had $10ish there at that time. I knew I wouldn't reach $25 and was more concerned with not forgetting to grab my content.

Melanie
"Go forth boldly in the direction of your dreams." Thoreau
----------------------------
M. Lori Motley - Fantasy & Horror
Lenora Meade - Romance
----------------------------
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 12/28/2014 at 04:54 PM

I'm pretty pissed they didn't pay me my 23 bucks.. but there's not a damned thing I can do about it. I hate dishonest companies who don't honor their commitments. This is very upsetting that a company that was so good for so long would go this way in the end.

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies