Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Photo Inclusions
WNed
Super Moderator

Mood: Mostly Harmless

[*] posted on 2/23/2015 at 09:46 AM
Photo Inclusions

Howdy!
I was just reading an old thread and the poster (back in my day, posters couldn't nuthin' but hang on a wall) wants to include many photos in her non-fiction work. I agree with the general opinion that the photos should be placed in their corresponding parts of the book.

The thing is, though, if you want the pictures to be of decent quality, they need to be printed on different stock, and I can't remember seeing that stock not collected at the center of the book.

All that is, of course, moot if you're only epubing. The other option (as I understand it) would be to have lower quality photos, printed on "standard" stock, interspersed throughout the book. Well, I guess if you're printing the whole thing on glossy you're all set, but you've got a more expensive book. Coffee table book, I guess.

Being something of a photographer, I'd want to maintain the quality of the pics, so I'd go with the center tuck or take the hit on the higher price.

Where do you guys sit with the Quality / Context / Cost formula?

Ned

I tried mature, rational, adult. Read the end of Don Quixote to see how that worked out.

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies