Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Another Essay/Entry Fee House To Win
RobertArend
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7/30/2015 at 04:24 PM
Another Essay/Entry Fee House To Win

711 Watson Pl
Marlin, TX 76661

"This is your chance to own a 4,500 sq. ft. home, debt free! Built in 1902, this home sits on .90 acres. The park-like backyard is vast with a pool surrounded by a deck in the center, and lots of mature shade trees. It is fenced on three sides. There is a detached two-car garage as well as a workspace under the house.

Inside the house, the woodwork will take your breath away. The large number of windows gives this house great natural lighting. Three large porches on this house help with shading the house, so even with all the windows, you won’t get too hot inside during the hot Texas summers.

Downstairs there are three bedrooms, four full bathrooms, a living room with fireplace, a dining room with fireplace, a utility room, and an updated kitchen with HUGE center island, double wall convection oven, and two sinks.

Upstairs is truly a master suite! A large living area, separated by a wall with the house’s third fireplace, would be perfect for a master bedroom with a large sitting area. Towards the front of the house are two rooms; one could also work as a bedroom, and the other as a nice walk in closet. Towards the rear of the house is a master bathroom. This has a whirlpool bath, rainfall shower, two toilets each in their own water closets, two pedestal sinks, and one of the house’s three porches. Next to this huge bathroom is a utility room that is hooked up for an additional washer and dryer. Or you could convert it into a kitchenette/wine cellar. The perfect addition to a full floor master suite!

This is a house that needs some work. It is a beautiful house and is livable. This gives you the opportunity to make it your own. Without a large mortgage, the funds would be available to do whatever you would want to do."

LINK: http://fsbo.com/listings/listings/show/id/175720/#.Vbp_96sncOk.face...

Texas Contest House.JPG - 72kB

[Edited on 7/30/2015 by RobertArend]

Father Luke
Super Moderator

Mood: Yes. Of course.

[*] posted on 7/31/2015 at 03:28 AM

https://marlindollarhouse.wordpress.com

THE CONTEST

Each entry must be an essay, less than 300 words, written in English, on why you want to buy our house, located at 711 Watson Pl, Marlin, TX 76661. Each essay must be accompanied with the $100 USD entrance fee, and two self-addressed stamped envelopes.

ENTRY FEE RULES

The entrance fee may be a cashier’s check or money order, payable to April McDermott.

Yes, I see. Of course.
Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Wyatt, I am rolling.

[*] posted on 7/31/2015 at 10:10 AM

An odd trend.

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.
Father Luke
Super Moderator

Mood: Yes. Of course.

[*] posted on 7/31/2015 at 04:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skwerly  
An odd trend.

I remember another ...

...I'll tell you what I need a dollar for if you put a note with your address on it, along with a dollar, and mail it to:

Part of the stipulation of the contest is winner pays
closing costs, etc., of course, and that -- in the event
of no winner -- all entrance fees will be returned (I'm assuming without interest?).

So, all things considered, it's a lot like ebay's minimum not met thing.

Yeah. Very odd. What, presumably, started out in a philanthropic
intent, has bloomed into a thriving ...ahem, Cottage Industry.

Goddah luvit ...

And thanks.

Yes, I see. Of course.
Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Wyatt, I am rolling.

[*] posted on 8/1/2015 at 11:11 AM

For a long time, I was trying to figure out how to get folks to send me money. If everyone in Los Angeles county would send me a buck, I'd be something like ten million dollars richer. If every third person did that, I'd be three mil to the good and whistle Dixie to the bank. I tried everything in my head, nothing worked. Nobody will send a dollar without almost immediate compensation.

So I figured that I would offer a Cadillac as a raffle. One dollar, a chance to win a new Caddy. Of course, it would be stipulated that I'd have to receive at least enough to buy the car, and of course, hopefully more since that would be what, 30 or 50k?

Alas, I gave up and got a job.

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies