Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 2016 Writing Goals?
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 1/11/2016 at 11:14 PM
2016 Writing Goals?

so.... what are your goals for the year?

For me, I plan to finish this one book I've been working on. If that's the only thing I do this year, I'd be tickled. By finished, I mean, written, edited, rewritten, polished and proofed, ready to submit or publish.

THAT is my big goal for the near year.

What about you guys?

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Wyatt, I am rolling.

[*] posted on 1/12/2016 at 09:47 AM

For one, Iím subbing to Glimmer Train every month, no matter what. Iíve dreamt of getting pubbed by them for years.

Secondly, Iím going to finish all my stragglers and get them out into the world, one by one. I have quite a few decent stories just sitting there on the drive because the thought of editing and rewriting is... well, ugh! :P

Also, it is my birthday today and I have been offered an AP editor position with an online rag. Good pay, work from homeóócan't beat it. I have accepted and, as I type this, Iím waiting for word back. What a cool present this year! :)

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.
Melanie
Founding Member

Mood: Writing like mad!

[*] posted on 1/12/2016 at 11:59 AM

That's awesome, Derek. Congrats! And happy birthday too.

Right now, my goal is "write every day." I have a lot of projects to work on, but a lot of changes happening this year too.

Name change, Mom retiring, moving, eldest son graduating high school (I can't believe I'll be the Mom of an adult!), etc. etc.

I've been busy!

Melanie
"Go forth boldly in the direction of your dreams." Thoreau
----------------------------
M. Lori Motley - Fantasy & Horror
Lenora Meade - Romance
----------------------------
plntpolice
Accentuate Writer!

Mood: hoping things get better

[*] posted on 1/12/2016 at 01:23 PM

Congrats, Derek, that sounds awesome. That certainly is a cool present!

When life hands you a rotten tomato, save it, cause someone you'd like to throw it at will come along soon.
Michy

[*] posted on 1/12/2016 at 03:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skwerly  
For one, Iím subbing to Glimmer Train every month, no matter what. Iíve dreamt of getting pubbed by them for years.

Secondly, Iím going to finish all my stragglers and get them out into the world, one by one. I have quite a few decent stories just sitting there on the drive because the thought of editing and rewriting is... well, ugh! :P

Also, it is my birthday today and I have been offered an AP editor position with an online rag. Good pay, work from homeóócan't beat it. I have accepted and, as I type this, Iím waiting for word back. What a cool present this year! :)

Good luck!

Congratulations! Way to go!

Happy Birthday!

:Chompyx::Champagne2x:

Love and stuff,
Michy

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
Skwerly
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 1/12/2016 at 07:34 PM

Thanks!

M, yours is tomorrow, right?

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Sadie
Literary Master

Mood: Hangry and Smad!

[*] posted on 1/14/2016 at 02:13 PM

http://www.gocomics.com/learn-to-speak-cat/2016/01/02

Does sleepwriting count as a goal? :smilegrin:

I was helping the children locked in cages during the Obama presidency, were you?

Facebook: never joined it, never will.

Operation Underground Railroad:
http://ourrescue.org/

TTM author page:
http://twintrinitybooks.com/info.php?articles&articles_id=9

Top Ten Reasons...
http://twintrinity.com/?p=1421
Nancy G.
Literary Master

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 1/14/2016 at 02:52 PM

I have a novel being released next month and another in either March or April. My goal is to complete my WIP and have a contract signed on it by the end of the year. If I really get in high gear (unlikely) I might even be able to have it released by the end of the year. That would be great! Then I have to start working on next year's projects.

Michy

[*] posted on 1/15/2016 at 04:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skwerly  
Thanks!

M, yours is tomorrow, right?

LOL It was, yup!

Had a great one too!

Love and stuff,
Michy

Skwerly
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 1/15/2016 at 04:52 PM

Excellent to hear! You keep truckin', dontcha?

Michy

[*] posted on 1/15/2016 at 08:37 PM

Who? LOL

Love and stuff,
Michy

Skwerly
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 1/16/2016 at 12:56 PM

You, gal!

Michy

[*] posted on 1/18/2016 at 01:39 PM

This sort of struck me, Derek. In a good way--don't worry!

I was just thinking though... I guess I do. I just keep going. Because, what other choice is there? But someone the other day pointed out to me that there is a choice. I get to choose if I keep going, and some people don't choose to. Some people die. Some people give up and just lie in bed until they die or just fade into obscurity. Some people let the illness take them over and become the disease. Depression takes people over. Illness takes people over.

And I'm working hard to be someone who is sick, but not a sick person. I work hard to be defined by everything but my disease.

So when you say that I keep on trucking, that makes me sort of proud, yanno? I'm proud of myself for not giving in. I'm proud of myself for being able to, in the darkness, find some light and still manage to enjoy myself.

We went to The Oceanaire Seafood Room for my birthday. We ordered a seafood tower that had crab legs, the biggest shrimp I've had in a long time, and the freshest oysters I've ever had (and since I've never eaten RAW oysters before that night, that's not saying much--but they were fresh!), and I had caviar service--russia kaluga, and it was wonderful with the cutest and best buttered toast points and all the accounterments. And while I shared a little bite of each with my party, I got to eat the rest all to myself.

Then I had lobster thermidor. It's an interesting story--all my life, we have joked that the rich people each caviar and lobster thermidor. I had never had lobster thermidor, and then over time, it fell out of fashion so you couldn't find it anywhere. Well, they have broiled lobster thermidor on the menu. So we joked that *I* was going to be one of the rich people... I ordered the lobster thermidor.

It was amazing! So sweet and decadent and delicious!

Then, at the end, they brought out a flaming baked alaska with marshmallow--which the burning smell of marshmallow brings back good memories for me of childhood.

I also had a couple of martinis--a blue one and a purple one--and then a spiked coffee with dessert. I don't drink. I'm not really supposed to drink, either, but I had three drinks and was a little tipsy on the way home, even.

I was soooo stuffed! I couldn't have eaten another bite!

I also got some face stuff to help with the dryness from the hospital and the meds. This stuff was expensive, but it worked so beautifully to help slough off some of the dry skin and stuff. My face feels soooo much softer. It makes me feel more beautiful.

I even managed to get a picture of myself that I don't hate. Two of them, actually.

So I'd say all in all this made it a very good birthday!

And that's reason enough right there to keep on trucking!

Plus you guys. I love you guys.

I love you, Derek! Happy Belated Birthday, my friend!

Love and stuff,
Michy

Father Luke
Super Moderator

Mood: Yes. Of course.

[*] posted on 1/18/2016 at 03:45 PM

I like writing. Even the days I hate writing I like writing. It's what I do. It's the 'something' I've taken time to find interest in, and to nurture, and to be able to tell people "That's what I do.", and it's something I'm proud of being able to do well.

Writing is a trade, like building houses is a trade, or landscaping is a trade, or making and repairing shoes is a trade. But there is a difference between what I do, writing, and the trades other people engage in, like brick masonry, or racing horses. Other people get paid for their trades. That's why they are called "trades".

2016 I'm setting my goals to include being paid.

I've been published. I've even had three sold out books. Being published doesn't interest me. Being paid does.

In 2016 I will go out driving again. In a big truck. Cross Country driving. For the first few months I'll be busy acclimating myself to a new routine. Eventually I'll have free time during my day when I feel unencumbered by the responsibilities of the work I do. When that day comes I'll be continuing to scour the universe for those places I'd like to see my words dance, and live before the eyes and ears of others.

In 2016 my goal is to be paid as a writer.

Happy Birthday, to everyone enjoying another year!
And congrats to those who have seen success.

And thanks to everyone for being here. I really dig Michy's niche here ... :)

Yes, I see. Of course.
Michy

[*] posted on 1/18/2016 at 04:06 PM

Are you back stateside, Father Luke?

Love and stuff,
Michy

Father Luke
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 1/18/2016 at 04:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Michy  
Are you back stateside, Father Luke?

Yeeep.

It was weird, Angel. I flew into Atlanta, and then onto Portland, Oregon.

Let me tell you about that. As I walked through the airport waiting area I could have taken off my clothes and opened a vein and walked the length of it without being seen; everyone was looking at their phone screens, oblivious to their surroundings.

That was my reentry into America.

[Edited on 1/18/2016 by Father Luke]

Yes, I see. Of course.
Michy

[*] posted on 1/18/2016 at 09:05 PM

I believe that. Except, they probably would have whipped out their phones and taken pictures and video of you as you lie dying on the carpet instead of offering assistance or calling for help.

Was it different in Italia?

Love and stuff,
Michy

Father Luke
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 1/18/2016 at 10:00 PM

Yeep

Yes, I see. Of course.
Skwerly
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 1/19/2016 at 08:26 AM

I believe that. Except, they probably would have whipped out their phones and taken pictures and video of you as you lie dying on the carpet instead of offering assistance or calling for help.

Hey, someone has to post the stuff to YouTube, right? We need to see.

Skwerly
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 1/19/2016 at 08:31 AM

M -- good, Iím glad you didnít take what I said wrongly. Thatís exactly what I meant. Iím sure you hear that you are strong often enough that it only warrants a smile or a nod of the head, but when you realize it, when you really think to yourself damn, I *am* strong, itís gotta feel good.

Love you, too, gal, and I love this forum no matter how fashionable or easy to use Facebook gets.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies