Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Some Important (possible) Information about Kindle Unlimited--your thoughts?
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 4/18/2016 at 03:27 PM
Some Important (possible) Information about Kindle Unlimited--your thoughts?

http://www.annchristy.com/ku-scammers-on-amazon-what-you-need-to-kn...

It's long, but I think it's worth reading...

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
opher
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4/19/2016 at 08:04 AM

Wow. That's so wrong on so many levels it's hard to know where to even begin. Not sure if her nuclear option is feasible, nor if Amazon should use it, but clearly they have to do something very serious.

Perhaps they could simply hire from Fiverr a bunch of people to each read 10 random pages from 10 long "books" - say in each book the reader reads a pair of consecutive pages between pages 50 and 150, another pair between 150 and 250, another between 250 and 500, another between 500 and 1000, and another between 1000 and the end of the "book."

Then, if the Fiverr guy or gal says those 10 pages x 10 books make sense, they get $5. For every bogus book they identify, Amazon has a real editor verify, and if the book *is* bugus, the Fiverr guy or gal gets a $50 Amazon gift card. I suspect the response will be huge, and they'd clear out the chaff in no time.

In fact, I think I'll go and post my idea in a comment on the blog post...

Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 4/19/2016 at 06:57 PM

Let me know how that goes over! LOL I kinda like the idea of Amazon using Fiverr, which is the place the scammers are using against Amazon... it's poetic justice...LOL

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
opher
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4/20/2016 at 05:28 AM

I thought that would be a fun thing, and good to get a bunch of people who're just scrabbling to make a living (or a buck) motivated to root out bad actors. Anyhow, I haven't received any responses, though he comments thread was fairly active.

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies