Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Television & Writing
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 7/15/2016 at 06:53 PM
Television & Writing

Two part question--#1 What's your favorite television show and why?

And #2 does what you watch on television ever affect your writing? Do you see something on TV and think you could have done it so differently, and so you decide to do that?

Does modern media and such influence your writing style?

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
RobertArend
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7/15/2016 at 07:23 PM

#1-Shameless (Showtime) Because the type of neighborhood and characters are the most reminiscent of where I grew up in.

#2-Only Rod Serling's Twilight Zone has inspired my writing of short stories. Dickens was the earliest inspiration for the only novel I ever completed....

The bulk of modern media so lacks originality and depth, I am not at all inspired by it....

Skwerly
Super Moderator

Mood: Wyatt, I am rolling.

[*] posted on 7/16/2016 at 12:28 PM

1. I don't watch a whole lot of TV. More now than ever before, but still, it isn't much. I far prefer movies--they influence me much, much more than a TV show. That being said, I like anything creepy. Shocker there, I know. :lol:

2. Can't really say it does. Of course, while I'm watching almost anything, creepy or not/movie or show, I'm thinking about the writing aspect of it, but I'm far more influenced by books I read. I like the words better than the pictures.

I seemed to be looking down from an immense height upon a twilit grotto, knee-deep with filth, where a white-bearded daemon swineherd drove about with his staff a flock of fungous, flabby beasts whose appearance filled me with unutterable loathing.

Just keep writing and the good stuff will come.
flyingbird65
Founding Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7/17/2016 at 04:21 PM

1. Favorite shows: NCIS, Hell on Wheels, Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow
1.2. Favorite Movies: Unforgiven, all the Marvel movies, all the Hobbit movies, all the Star War moves.
I love action, police, adventure and other shows like that.

2. Can't say that it affects my writing or influences my writing at all. I can admit to saying there have been a number of movies and shows where I feel I could have done a better screenplay - Batman vs Superman, Fantastic Four to name just two recent movies.

My writing comes from emotion. Only once have I ever wrote anything based on some show I've watched.

Every moment starts with a desire to do something. I'm going back to bed.

Bird

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies