Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How to promote books?
Ken
Extraordinary Writer

Mood: thoughtful

[*] posted on 8/17/2018 at 09:10 AM
How to promote books?

Over the years, I have completed 10 books and am currently working on two more. After an extended period of querying book agents, I began self publishing. I also began searching for reviewers for my work. I have had some limited success getting reviews published on Amazon, etc. I am not on any social media websites. I am generally repealed by what I hear about sites like Facebook. People seem to share information that, in my opinion, is far beyond what they should. For example, if someone announces they are going on a vacation they're advertising their home as being vacant and an easy target for theft. This means their home is advertised as being vacant and an easy target for theft.

Anyway, I have been attempting to figure out how to promote my work. It was suggested that I create a website. After giving the idea some thought, I went ahead and built a site. It's nice to see that some people have visited the site, but I had know way of knowing how they found it or what they thought. I first added a place where people could send me an email with anything they cared to share. After a few months I got no response. Next, I offered to send a free e-book to anyone requesting a copy. This offer has been in effect for almost one month - with zero requests.

I would love to hear what other people have done to promote their work and how successful it has been. Thanks in advance for your response.

P.S. My website is - kenteicherbooks.com

[Edited on 8/17/2018 by Ken]

[Edited on 8/18/2018 by Ken]

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies