Accentuate Writers Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Donations & advertising pay hosting fees, forum email, and email relays.

Thank you for being a member!

Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: About Linton Robinson and Libel
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 08:57 PM
About Linton Robinson and Libel

If anyone is curious what exactly is entailed in libel, I would like to share you with you what exactly libel is. This is a direct quote from Linton Robinson, which can be found on another writer's forum:

----------------
Quote:
http://www.writingforums.com/lounge/106739-another-email-spamming-w...

Accentuateservices.com, a newbie forum full of people who convince themselves they're writers because they do internet content for $5 a post. It's run by the INCREDIBLY argumentative and bitchy (yes, way more bitchy and argumentative than myself...scary, huh?) Michelle Devon (aka "Michy", your typical fat menopausal, self-impressed writer forum cow) who runs the writer's site as a hooker for her business charging for editorial stuff.
She just won't stop.
She says, "The law says I can respond to any mail you send me". Have no idea what "law" there is, but notice her claim that somebody asking not to get unwanted mail is an excuse to send them more mail.

Again, be really careful with these sites, one wrong move and you've just signed up for a mail bashing party.

-------------------

First, I must let all of you, everyone, know that I do not sell, trade or use your email for ANYTHING except for the monthly newsletter from Accentuate, and you only get that if you sign up and check the NEWSLETTER button right here on the forum. Why did Linton get the newsletter mailed to him twice? Because he signed up to this board, TWICE, under two different names, and spammed the board. He was BANNED twice, and then was put on an IP ban.

Why? For general bad behavior, spamming the board with links to his books and his video trailers without providing quality interaction on the site or even introducing himself, and for being argumentative and degrading to others, including saying that people who wrote romance were, "shitty writers".

After he was banned, he received one email from this board, to which he responded very rudely and using bad language.

I responded to his email stating why he had received the email, telling him the email had been removed from the list, and he would not receive another email from us again.

A little while later, he received the same email again he had complained about before. He emailed me and very rudely, using vulgar language, told me that he had requested me not to spam him.

I knew I had not sent him any mail, went to see why, searched the board for his email, and that's when I discovered he had a second account on this board with the same email. I banned that second account and removed the email from the board. I sent him an email telling him the reason he had received it again was HIS FAULT, because of HIS ACTIONS, signing up for a second account and clicking the newsletter button on it too. I informed him that he had been removed from the second account.

In response to that, he sent me the following email, quoted:

------------

Quote:

STOP FUCKING SENDING ME EMAIL.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY MORE FUCKING EMAIL FROM YOUR SKANKY ASS.

Now if you don't understand that, and keep mailing me over my objections, I'll take the next step.

Why don't you learn a new skill. Put a sock in it.

Stop sending me your fucking email

------------

I had, at this point, sent him a total of four emails - the two he received from the board stating we were moving to a new domain, both of which because he signed up for two accounts on the board and checked the email box - and the two emails telling him I had removed him from the list.

That's it.

Yes, I responded to the email above with the language, and here's how that went down:

-------------------

Quote:

Well then you must be even stupider than I thought because all you have to is read back through the thead to find your UNSOLICITED mail to me, followed by my request that you not send me mail, followed by your barking and leg-humping.

You're going to find out about all that, though.

If I were you I'd quite mailing me.
But you've already screwed up.

Enjoy
Lin

--- On Sat, 3/28/09, Michelle L Devon (Michy) wrote:

Subject: RE: [Accentuate Writers Forum ] Board Will Be Going Down Sometime Today!
To: "'Lin Robinson'"
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 7:55 PM

Seems to me it is YOU who keeps emailing me. All I'm doing is responding to you.

Michelle L Devon (Michy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:52 PM
To: Michelle L Devon (Michy)
Subject: RE: [Accentuate Writers Forum ] Board Will Be Going Down Sometime Today!

I told you three times to stop mailing me.
You refused.

So it's on your head, sugarbuns.

And all you had to do was shut up.

--- On Sat, 3/28/09, Michelle L Devon (Michy) wrote:

To: "'Lin Robinson'"
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 7:43 PM

That was all I needed. Thank you for responded as expected.

Michelle L Devon (Michy)

------------------------------
[\quote]

I'm sure there are other places Linton Robinson has done this and if you follow the link above to the other writers forum, you will see he's done it to other people too.

I'm reminded of the old saying, "The only common link in all your dysfunctional relationships is YOU."

It's funny that Mr. Linton Robinson says I'm argumentative. It's also funny he calls this a newbie board. Anyone who knows me knows both those things aren't true.

My business has been around for over 14 years now, registered with the IRS and with an EIN. The board's been around in some form for nearly four years now. The new format is now over a year old.

I will not remove this post. I would like if the other writers forum will remove the libelous comment Linton Robinson made, but have no way of contacting them besides registering for their forum, and I have no desire to do that. Linton Robinson lives in Mexico, so he thinks he's untouchable.

He's not.

If he continues down this path, he's bound to lose the royalties he brags about to someone suing him for libel.

What he is doing is actually illegal.

Now, it's all out in the open.

Untitled.png - 45kB Untitled2.png - 261kB

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
Lindsay M
Literary Master

Mood: Annoyingly optimistic

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 09:08 PM

That makes my G*Damn blood boil, Michy. There are no words to describe the ugliness of that man.

Renamed
Literary Master

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 09:09 PM

That's really sad. It would be one thing if he even knew what he was talking about, but he's so far off base it's pitiful! Sorry he's bashing you, Michy.

RobertArend
Literary Master

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 09:13 PM

Awww, Michy, the creep is just a creep. Sic The Mister on him. The Mister sure scares the hell out of me!

Jenn.W
Literary Master

Mood: Energized!

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 09:21 PM

Geeze Michy, I cant believe that you have to deal with something like that on top of everything else you do. Im sorry that guy is such a jerk. It makes me so angry to see his quotes and what he said about you. GGRRRR!!!!

Nancy G.
Literary Master

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 09:24 PM

It is so obvious the man has mental problems, no kidding. You, nor anyone else, can reason with someone like that. Just forget him. He delights in stirring up problems. It is the only way he can feel important.
TheBarefoot
Creepy Uncle

Mood: Mostly Harmless

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RobertArend  
Awww, Michy, the creep is just a creep. Sic The Mister on him. The Mister sure scares the hell out of me!

Which Mister? The real life one or the internet one?

windowshopping04
Board Admin/Moderator

Mood: grateful

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TheBarefoot  
Quote: Originally posted by RobertArend  

Which Mister? The real life one or the internet one?

Yes.

Grace and abundance are limitless even in the face of fear and malice.
Michy
Boss(y) Lady / Site Owner / Admin

Mood: Pained

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 10:01 PM

I requested the other forum to remove the libelous comments made by Linton Robinson.

I will update as soon as I hear back from them.

I was contacted by someone on another site who said Linton Robinson had done the same thing on their forum. I don't know what happened there, so I can't speak for that, but what I'm guessing I see here is a pattern of bad behavior on Linton Robinson's part.

There is no reason for him to say those things about me in public. He posted to another site too, and that post was removed and a moderator chastised him for it, but it did get Indexed in Google five hours ago. I saw the cache. Hopefully that will be gone eventually too.

(sigh) I'm too tired to mess with it anymore tonight.

Love and stuff,
Michy
~~Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations~~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." James R. Cook

-----------------------------------------

Check Out My Author Website! Read Book Reviews There or Request a FREE Author Interview!
MOLeary
Accentuate Writer!

Mood: Burning up my keyboard writing!

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 10:07 PM

Michy - I'm so sorry this boob has done this to you. You are the most UNdeserving person of this crap. I hope you do seek legal action - then this idiot will learn not to screw with people. Especially when he doesn't know WHO he is jacking around with. Please don't let him get you down. People like that have such sad little lives, they have to try to tear others down to make them feel better about themselves.

Edit: I did a quick Google search. This dude likes to ask for critiques, and when folks oblige, he gets irate and calls them M.F.s and the n----- word. I say, Michy, if this guy acts like this, we don't want him here anyway.

Maggie Mae O'Leary

Donate to help SHELTER PETS in need - every dollar goes for fuel and supplies to transport homeless pets in need! <3
http://charliebobarlie.chipin.com/funding-for-pet-rescue-missions

Now a proud Independent Representative for mark. cosmetics by Avon. PM me to place an order and enjoy a 15% discount PLUS free shipping. All my commissions go to help shelter pets!

http://maggieoleary.mymarkstore.com/

Visit me on the web:
Gather!

Associated Content - Featured Contributor in Automotive, Beauty and Pets!
Credentialed Paralegal Expert On Helium
eHow
Maggie's Writing Blog
I'm on Twitter!
Thomas Forthe (Tom)
Literary Master

Mood: persnickative

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 10:29 PM

I am sorry you have to deal with small minded people like this. No doubt he moved to Mexico to avoid other problems he caused....

"Two things are infinite; The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Check out my published content!

LaurieM
Literary Master

[*] posted on 3/29/2009 at 11:06 PM

Gees, it seems some people aren't happy unlesss they are trying to make someone else's life miserable. We know he is wrong. He is making himself look more ididotic with each new step. I am sorry it is happening to you though. I really am.

------------------------------------------------------

Witchmojo
Master Writer

Mood: Always thoughtful

[*] posted on 3/30/2009 at 04:38 AM

Good grief, what a sad individual. It seems his idea of writing is being able to slander people whilst using the greatest amount of bad language possible. Poor deluded soul is clearly seeking attention when he should perhaps be seeking medical attention (and will be if he doesn't leave our Michy alone!).

Michy don't let him get you down. We know how wonderful you are and how above board you are in all your dealings with us. (Even I have already seen this in the relatively short time I have been here) We love and support you and this person (although I am loathe to use that term) is undeserving of your precious time and attention. Karma finds a way and it will find him ;)
Morecoffee
Literary Master

Mood: Caffeinated... Look out world!

[*] posted on 3/30/2009 at 06:37 AM

The guy strikes me as the type who feels the need to belittle and insult others to try to make himself appear better. His time would be better spent actually trying to work out his obvious personal issues!

Michy, no one here believes any of the B.S. he's spreading. We KNOW you and what you do. That's why we're all here and lovin' it. We don't need trash like that polluting our happy forum family. I hope you're able to get this nonsense with him straightened out quickly.

Jo Brielyn :2442x:

Combat Fat for Kids released on December 18, 2012!

“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” ~Francis Chan

JoBrielyn.com | Creative Kids Ideas | Good for Your Health | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter

moonshadow68
Founding Member/Moderator

Mood: Trying to make the voices be quiet ;)

[*] posted on 3/30/2009 at 06:50 AM

Ummm, guys, it's well and good to jump to Michy's defense as well we should, but if you take a look at his posting on the other site, he has libelled each and every one of you, though not as heinously as he did Michy.

Quote:
http://www.writingforums.com/lounge/106739-another-email-spamming-w...

Accentuateservices.com, a newbie forum full of people who convince themselves they're writers because they do internet content for $5 a post. It's run by the INCREDIBLY argumentative and bitchy (yes, way more bitchy and argumentative than myself...scary, huh?) Michelle Devon (aka "Michy", your typical fat menopausal, self-impressed writer forum cow) who runs the writer's site as a hooker for her business charging for editorial stuff.
She just won't stop.
She says, "The law says I can respond to any mail you send me". Have no idea what "law" there is, but notice her claim that somebody asking not to get unwanted mail is an excuse to send them more mail.

Again, be really careful with these sites, one wrong move and you've just signed up for a mail bashing party.

The addendum to Michy's lesson on libel is that one of the required elements of libel is identification. By identifying members of this forum in a negative manner, he libelled each of you individually as well.

Think it doesn't matter compared to what he said about Michy? Well, yes and no. Obviously, Michy has a much stronger case as he attacked the anme under which she does business and directly imperiled (in theory) her livelihood. However, each and every one of us here relies on our professionalism to get additional work. Some of us are about to be very visibly associated with this forum in our book (*happy dance**). His accusation that we only consider ourselves writers because we sell $5 online content 1) devalues what we do and b) implies a lack of professional which impacts our bottom line.

I guess I'm posting this because too many people view internet postings as something they can do and then forget and too many good people like us turn the other cheek or shake our heads, but do nothing.

Suiong someone for libel is a difficult and expensive process, but I guess what I'm saying here is that if Michy decides to sue, we need to stand with her as literally and figuatively as any of us can afford. People who post things like this MUST be stopped.

opher
Literary Master

[*] posted on 3/30/2009 at 06:56 AM

Michy,

Small-minded people feel the need to belittle others to pump up their own sense of self-importance. If there are legal remedies you can seek, and if you conclude it's worth your time and aggravation to pursue them, more power to you. If not, just take a deep breath, recall that these issues are not preventing your business and this board from growing, and don't be concerned about every mutt who decides to bark.

twnkltoz
Founding Member/Moderator

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3/30/2009 at 10:05 AM

He sucks. He is a very sad person who needs to run other people down to make himself feel like a big boy. I'm behind you all the way, Mich, as always!

Oh, and I'm a writer because I make a living at it. So, F you, Lin.

opher
Literary Master

[*] posted on 3/30/2009 at 10:20 AM

Hmmm. I was under the impression that "writer" is defined as "someone who writes." Now, I'd say that you, Jenn, as well as Michy and others here, would qualify as "professional writer," which adds the qualification you put in of someone who is paid to write, and has made that their livelihood.

Not that I care too much, but can Mr. Robinson lay claim to being a professional writer? Can he lay claim to being a professional editor, able to evaluate the quality of writing of people on this board (or anywhere else, for that matter)? From what I've seen quoted above from him, it appears he'd have a hard time making the case of being professional at all, at least in his communications.

caribbeanmuse
Literary Master

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 3/30/2009 at 10:26 AM

this is just too much! how dare this a..hole insult us like this. What exactly does he do that makes him so freakin' qualified to call himself a writer? I for one, have a very high paying full time writing job and I know there are many many writers who are much better here. I could get all "Julia Sugarbaker" about this but frankly, this low life doesn't deserve my energy. We stand behind you Michy, we are here because we care about each other and only want to support each other and you can email me any damn time you want!

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." — Mark Twain.

Associated Content|Examiner|
Demand Studio| Caribbeanmuse Blog|Betafe Sea Moss|Twitter

itzrissa2u
Literary Master

Mood: Procrastinatable...wha? it's a word because I say it is

[*] posted on 3/30/2009 at 11:41 AM

We knew what he was about the first time he came around.

This doesn't surprise me.

I think anyone who reads his post will know how untrue it is- it reflects more on him than on us or our beloved Michy.

talk about sour grapes- he was kicked out twice and he lashes out about how much we suck- if we suck so much why did he join, twice?

I hate his comments, but refuse to give him an more energy. For his nasty comments though I would love to kick him where the sun don't shine- but then his head is already so far up there it wouldn't matter.

Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies